Sealey code reader

a3emma

Reaction score
don't no if ive posted this in the right section or not.
i bought a sealey code reader from work recently. when i plug it im my car it says there was a error with linking it uptomy car.so i checked the fuse and it had blown, so ive changed the fuse,and it still comes up with the error on the code reader. now a year ago or so, i got the codes read with my dads mates reader, and it worked fine.
i know its not the code reader itself as it works fine on everybody else car, so its just mine it dont like!
does any one know what could be up with it, or experianced same problems?
thanks

do you have the std radio in or do you have an aftermarket 1 fitted

take the radio out and unplug it, then try the code reader again making sure the fuse is ok.

just been out to try it and still no joy, the last time it got code read when it worked there was a aftermarket headunit in it, but a different one to what ive got now.
anymore suggestions?

think the best thing now is to try vag-com or vas on it and see if they work. it might be that your reader isnt compatible with your car or that the ecu it connects to might be faulty. theres a sticky thread somewhere that tells you who and where people live who can cannect it to there computer if you need help