Parrot Mki9200 Kit

DJ_Troopa

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone

My girlfriend bought me a Parrot Mki9200 kit last week for my birthday :) I'm looking to get it installed as soon as but i'm gathering quotes together at the mo.

People are saying i need an SOT lead as my Audi Concert Bose system is only half amplified? One installer on the phone just told me they may need to run it from the amplifier in the boot if there is one??

Doesn't it just go to the back of the stereo and wire up from there? Or are they really going to have to do it from the bose amp hiding wherever it is in the boot? Do i even have a bose amp? lol

Thanks!

Jay

jay...i have the same unit mate with my symphony HU...... if its half amplified like mine then you will need to connect the parrot up via the ISO leads as per normal..... you will then need to buy a connect4 aux converter (£28) and connect the line outs from the parrot to this connect 4 box - you will have to cut up two phono leads and connect via these (i cut two leads and connected the line outs by using terminal block) - once done you will need to trace an ignition live feed (under the steering column)and cut the wire in the parrot leads that requires an ignition live......job done :)

the connect 4 is the only way i found to connect the parrot without rewiring the sntire rear speakers...... otherwise you will be playing ipod music via your front speakers and using the parrot built in amp which is super crap

good luck mate - mail me if you need anymore help

Tim

Whoa alot of info there! Cheers Tim! I'm definitely not touching it, i'm going to let a pro do it! My friend's friend is the manager of one of the Sexton branches and said he'll sort it for me so i think i'll leave it with him.

Just wanted to know where the confusion lies with installation in regards to half amplified and connecting here & there! But that's all good though, i'll leave it with the pro's!

Thanks for that Tim, i'll give you a shout if i get stuck anymore! (feels weird not calling you animal lol)

Jay

i know mate haha...... if you tell him to use an aux converter, what you wana do is convert the ipod signal (via the line outs) from the parrot to work in place of your CD changer...... and the connecting the ISO's will simply allow the phone kit to operate the front speakers, what you dont want to do is use the Parrot amp for the ipod which is what will happen if you dont use the aux converter, you need the parrot to play the music through the HU and let the HU do the hard work in powering the speakers....i used the parrot amp for a few weeks until i could be ***** to sort it and think ive partly blown two or three of my OEM speakers

only reason i mention is that i contacted Parrot themselves (tech staff), several stereo places, Halfrauds who were next to useless recommending a lead that was inappropriate.... and found this solution on a random forum on a chaps A4

Tim

Last edited:
2 of my friends have the same Parrot kit and they complain about the sound quality being crap when the Ipod is plugged in. Is this because they aren't using an aux converter? They say you have to use a preset from the Parrot's EQ which is why the sound quality is really poor when the Ipod is in use.

The Parrot does play out of all speakers doesn't it?

Cheers

Jay

playing via the parrot amp - which is most likely how your mate will get it playing..... using the aux converter utilises your cd changer port which in turn plays the music through the HU... if they arent using the converter they will only be able to turn the volume up and down via the parrot remote...... if they are using a converter then they will be able to adjust the volume via the HU aswell as the parrot remote - Once installed the parrot volume should be set mid range so as not to create distortion

ordinarily if you install via the instructions then your ipod will only play through the crappy parrot amp and only through your front speakers...what you dont want is for your mate to rewire your ISO plugs JUST to get it playing out of 4 speakers.....cos otherwise your avoiding the issue and using the crappest amp ever (even worse than the stock item IMO)

Tim

Cool! Sounds good Tim, the guy should be doing it tomorrow hopefully so i'll tell him and see what he says! Thanks for that! Will let you know how i get on once done! :) Have a good day.

Jay