Rear Bumper Repaired..

RyanS3TT

Reaction score
Hello everyone..

This morning I repaired a dent in the corner of my rear bumper after leaving it in tesco on a sunday night for 15minutes.

I parked it under a camera thinking it was safe however as it wasnt my local tesco i wasnt aware it was a drift scene after dark and that the camera in question was 'show only' said the manager.

Anyway.. back to the bumper.

I didnt take pictures of the repair unfortunately but i do have before and afters if anyone wants to try it.

It was a fairly hefty bumper but after removing the bumper and applying force it formed into two smaller dents, which i inter got my halogen lamp out to heat the bumper, while holding a damp cloth on the painted isde to stop laquer bubbling heated the bumper til i could feel the heat through the cloth and with a little smoothing till the bumper cooled down the shape was back to normal, I repeated it with the other dent and was left with some swirl cracks from the impact, 5 minutes of elbow grease and G3 and were back to last sunday morning :)

Hope it doesnt happen again!

<<Ryan

good effort dude, pics?

i hate leaving my car in car parks, especially tescos, people just dont seem to care if they dent/scratch another persons pride and joy!

People just don't care full stop. I saw a porsche carrera 4s being driven by a woman that has parking dents all around. Clearly she caused them. It's a mad world.

good effort dude, pics?

i hate leaving my car in car parks, especially tescos, people just dont seem to care if they dent/scratch another persons pride and joy!

Tell me about it, a woman went into the side of the rear bumper on my gf's car while she was at work. She was obviously parking next to pascha (gf's car lol) but ended up hitting her, she then got out, looked at the damage n drove off! Luckily someone witnessed it n left a note otherwise we wouldn't of known anything about it. What stumps me the most though is that the police did absolutely nothing even though it was a hit n run.

car parks are private property, not much they can i do i dont think?

someone once opened their car door onto mine whilst i wa ssat in the car waiting for a mate, they didnt even say sorry, wound the window down and gave them a right ear full, luckily no damage but some manners/common courtesy wouldnt go a miss!!

car parks are private property, not much they can i do i dont think?

It surely shouldnt make any difference, damage has been caused and why should the location change the fact the dumbass bitch has driven off without letting the owner know. If the law is different on "private property" can we beat the c*$p out of the scumbags that damage our cars? Sadly no, the real problem is i think the police don't actually give a monkeys.

It surely shouldnt make any difference, damage has been caused and why should the location change the fact the dumbass bitch has driven off without letting the owner know. If the law is different on "private property" can we beat the c*$p out of the scumbags that damage our cars? Sadly no, the real problem is i think the police don't actually give a monkeys.

Hear hear!
90% of police are a waste of tax payers money, theyre much more interested in stoppping people with fog lights on or an extra spacing on their number plate or something to similar pointlessness.

Might be a stupid question but is a hospital car park classed as private property?

Last edited:
yer interesting point there, next time someone dents my motor in a car park il kick crap outta them and let you know how i get on in court lol

well at the end of the day who's easier to catch a motorist who has just drove past or is more often than not, right in front of them or a burgler/rapist/murderer who has already commited the crime and have long gone meaning that they actually have to do some foot work to find them, not to say all cops are bad, ive met a few nice coppers, but the nobs far outweigh the nice guys