Cant get HU out!!

I

imported_Gibbsy

Ok standard Concert headunit have the keys for it but dont matter what i do it dont budge, all i wanna do is plug in the RCA cable to run my amp.
Any Ideas?
If it comes to having to feck it to get it out then i have an Alpine from my old car that i can use if need be.

Help please

I have the same problem with my HU, but i dont know what type mine is, its a double din thing with CD and tapedeck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif - ****** aweful thing!

i had lots of trouble removing mine from my A3, in the end i took it to an audi dealership who also struggled to get it out, but eventually did, best of all they didnt charge me either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

You can prise off the front of the HU in order to get to the spring clips that hold it in. I used a wide flat piece of metal and worked it along the bottom of the front panel. I stuck some gaffa tape over the fascia to reduce scratching. The HU front panel is only clipped on, but you have to prise out the bottom first.
The spring clips can get dislodged and jam the unit in place, so this is the only way to get the fecker out if this has happened.

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
You can prise off the front of the HU in order to get to the spring clips that hold it in. I used a wide flat piece of metal and worked it along the bottom of the front panel. I stuck some gaffa tape over the fascia to reduce scratching. The HU front panel is only clipped on, but you have to prise out the bottom first.
The spring clips can get dislodged and jam the unit in place, so this is the only way to get the fecker out if this has happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the same with the larger double din sized units Andy? So that entire front grey plastic panel clips off first? I though it should have came out by just putting the keys in the four slots?

Well it should, this is the last resort technique if the clips have broken off and wedged the unit in the dash.
I don't know if it works on the double DIN units.

Andymac sorted me out with this prob in my car a few months ago.
I used a hacksaw blade - to prise it out, not to cut it out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

you cannot pull off the front of a double din unit - its held on with 8 screws into the metal behind the plastic, and about 20 screws from the metal into the plastic bit

if you break the plastic front blaupunkt will charge you £275 plus vat to fit a new one - i just found out the hard way!

Sorry to hear that dunk, i think i'll let the dealers do it for me!