Door open sign on dash

audi lover

Reaction score
My 52 plate A3 shows the Door Open sign on the dash most of the time.
It seems to be the drivers door as the sign will go out occasionally, particularly when closing it when the weather's really cold

When I lock the car, the doors will lock but the flashing diodes won't come on (guess this means that the alarm isn't setting as the sensors think a door is open?) - The courtesy lights in drivers door stay on and you can see them from the passenger side window

How do I solve this?

Thanks

common problem,I changed the mechanism to sort mine,you might find that you get three beeps from your alarm as well.

What, the lock mechanism - how much did it set you back?

cheers

Door lock is about £100 fitted.

****** hell !! I got mine off a member on here 12 quid and Audi fitted it for nowt as they said it was a warranty issue.

Check out what dancarpy posted. I had this problem also when i got my car last year. All sorted now after fiddling with the switch thing in the door!

It used to happen again after a few days on and off but i was also advised to use the following to give it a nice clean. Ever since i sprayed it inside where the switch is, my door has been perfect with no problems! :)

Link:
http://buy.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=4153&DOY=6m2

If you go into Maplins, you don't have to get that pricey one, just get the Maplins own brand one which is what i got. The can is white with a green line border around the label of it. (just thought i'd mention that as they've changed the design of the cans lol)

Jay

I've been mugged!

I have since stripped the doors down a few times and would now be able to fit a new door lock by myself.

Don't feel to bad mate I paid the same to have my drivers door lock replaced!

My S3 had the same problem, but it only occurred when the weather was warm. Had mine fixed by Audi under warranty, but when the stealer called me up to let me know the diagnosis, they forgot it was a warranty job and quoted something like £226 to fix it!!!!! So £100 does sound cheap in comparison!!

Chris

I wouldn't worry, the only problem that can arise is that the light on the bottom of the door stays on and can run your battery down if left for a few days