I bet you've never seen a S3 like this before...

Zenin

Reaction score
audis3finalrender.jpg

audis3finalrender2.jpg

audis3finalrender3.jpg

Its not real :hubbahubba:

Its CGI, It took me many hours to model the car in 3D, and is 1.4 million polygons, done using 3d studio max.

I wanted to make my car (A3) but there was no blueprints for it, i made this for my university 3d project, the aim was for photorealism, its not great but I gave it my best :) i know its lacking an aerial, wipers, badges and stuff, but i was on a tight deadline :) oh and its got rs4 rims, not really accurate though.

Not sure why i posted this here, felt like i should since i visit here often, i thought id show the guys that care most about the S3.

Click the thumbnail for a large poster version >

Last edited:
Well done, although the first pic looks like a 8p s3 lol.

Well done, although the first pic looks like a 8p s3 lol.

ya i think its cos the back bumper is flatter then it should be...it merges with the window line, also its a bad angle for it.

Wow! very professional the detail looks excellent, especially the reflection from the bumpers. Good work!
Very clever, your lecturer will probably give you an A+
Good luck!

love it mate, i tried my hand a photoshop and gave up so kudos for the effort!!

loving the headlights, they look awesome!!

good luck dude

Think someone had to many sherbets if you think that looks anything like an 8P mate, 1st view to me looks like the 8L straight away, good job.

You some talent there bud, excellent stuff! Agree with Westle, if you can do that with photos somehow you would make some monies! Although those images look like mine already :)
Your the first to put CGI images up so you've set the bench mark for others to try
Keep up the good work!

Nice man..

I guess a program could be created to create a rough outline from a picture but it would take a lot to make it intelligent enough to create a 3d image from a picture using that alone.

he must've put a lot of hours in to create that. Tis what i shall be doing next year, i may have a play and create what i want mine to actually look like though.

You doing a graphics course or a comp science, or neither?

Tom

Nice man..

I guess a program could be created to create a rough outline from a picture but it would take a lot to make it intelligent enough to create a 3d image from a picture using that alone.

he must've put a lot of hours in to create that. Tis what i shall be doing next year, i may have a play and create what i want mine to actually look like though.

You doing a graphics course or a comp science, or neither?

Tom

Thanks for all the kind reply's guys.

kaizokuninja yeah it took me ages, i am studying a multimedia course, and within that there's a 3D module, other modules are web design, video/film, sound, flash. etc..

Hey mate, you have done a top job there, its something that I would never be able to do!!!

Respect to the amount of time and effort you have put into it, keep up the good work.