KW Shocks & Springs H&R ARB Help Required

Forbzeeee

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi All

I have just purchased a set of KW Springs & Shocks and H&R ARB for front and rear. My 1st question which is 3 questions in 1 is:

Which bushes do i need? What are the Part Numbers? Is it worth going for uprated poly bushes?

Question 2:

How much should I expect to pay for this work? I guess I will need to get tracking done etc

Question 3:

Can anyone recommend a garage in/near High Wycombe or Gerrards Cross who is not out to rip me off?

Quotes so far are:

£750 The Autopool - Iver (This is with me sourcing all parts)

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
i got all my coilovers done including rear axel bushes for 250 quid fitted, that not including the coilovers though. you shouldnt need to do the tracking unless you really notice a difference! i had to get my headlight alingment re done though buit apart from that you can literally straight swap them! i guess it all depends how low you are going!

You will need to have 4 wheel alignment done, this will cost about £60. There was a thread with hourly rates for work a couple of weeks ago, I think it was about 3 hours min for a suspension swap, probably about 5 hours including arbs as the front arb takes a while to change, the rear arb is easy to change.

Is that quote including renewing all your bushes or just fitting suspension? If the latter it'is exhorbitant and ignore the first response as you will definately need an alignment following suspension and bushes. It would be a pretty poor outfit that would actually change all of that and then not make sure you have an alignment!

Aslo if you drop it you'll have lots of negative camber which is unadjustable at the rear without fitting adjustable arms and can cause issues with tyre wear.

Not as simple as just swap them over! Decent and experienced outfit should be able to advise you on all of this.

Last edited:
in that case they probably did all of this for 250 quid!

Thanks for your responses

Bantam 1 - Does this mean that I need to get adjustable rear tie bars? I think the KW Shocks and Springs kits drop the car 25mm and 30mm... Will rear Tie bars be required?

If you want to get rid of the rear -ve yes. Not essential but you won't get the best out of the set up and will prob have quicker inner wear.

If you want to get rid of the rear -ve yes. Not essential but you won't get the best out of the set up and will prob have quicker inner wear.

OK thanks for you help.