Monster MotorsportBadger5
    2nd Gear

Status

KW Shocks & Springs H&R ARB Help Required

Hi All

I have just purchased a set of KW Springs & Shocks and H&R ARB for front and rear. My 1st question which is 3 questions in 1 is:

Which bushes do i need? What are the Part Numbers? Is it worth going for uprated poly bushes?

Question 2:

How much should I expect to pay for this work? I guess I will need to get tracking done etc

Question 3:

Can anyone recommend a garage in/near High Wycombe or Gerrards Cross who is not out to rip me off?

Quotes so far are:

750 The Autopool - Iver (This is with me sourcing all parts)

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Forbzeeee; 5th February 2010 at 10:06.
    Now: 2009 S3 8P3 DSG. Mods: Revo Stage 2+, Full TBE, Autotech HPFP, Revo CAI, H&R ARBs, SuperPro Anti-Lift Kit, Rev D, Cruise control, LED interior lights upgrade, Rear DRLs... SPS & VCDS.
    Previously: 2001 AMK S3, Silver, Revo Remap, Milltek DV, KW Springs & Shocks, H&R ARB.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Lifes one big laugh

Status
    i got all my coilovers done including rear axel bushes for 250 quid fitted, that not including the coilovers though. you shouldnt need to do the tracking unless you really notice a difference! i had to get my headlight alingment re done though buit apart from that you can literally straight swap them! i guess it all depends how low you are going!

-AUDI A3 1.8T-
    coldside dumpvalve relocation kit/powerflow exhaust/k+n shielded air intake/ JOM coilovers/forge splitr/forge carbon fibre engine cover/soild flywheel conversion/REVO

Missing the S3

Status
    You will need to have 4 wheel alignment done, this will cost about 60. There was a thread with hourly rates for work a couple of weeks ago, I think it was about 3 hours min for a suspension swap, probably about 5 hours including arbs as the front arb takes a while to change, the rear arb is easy to change.

3rd Gear

Status
    Is that quote including renewing all your bushes or just fitting suspension? If the latter it'is exhorbitant and ignore the first response as you will definately need an alignment following suspension and bushes. It would be a pretty poor outfit that would actually change all of that and then not make sure you have an alignment!

Aslo if you drop it you'll have lots of negative camber which is unadjustable at the rear without fitting adjustable arms and can cause issues with tyre wear.

Not as simple as just swap them over! Decent and experienced outfit should be able to advise you on all of this.
    Last edited by bantam1; 5th February 2010 at 11:31.

Lifes one big laugh

Status
    in that case they probably did all of this for 250 quid!

-AUDI A3 1.8T-
    coldside dumpvalve relocation kit/powerflow exhaust/k+n shielded air intake/ JOM coilovers/forge splitr/forge carbon fibre engine cover/soild flywheel conversion/REVO

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for your responses

Bantam 1 - Does this mean that I need to get adjustable rear tie bars? I think the KW Shocks and Springs kits drop the car 25mm and 30mm... Will rear Tie bars be required?
    Now: 2009 S3 8P3 DSG. Mods: Revo Stage 2+, Full TBE, Autotech HPFP, Revo CAI, H&R ARBs, SuperPro Anti-Lift Kit, Rev D, Cruise control, LED interior lights upgrade, Rear DRLs... SPS & VCDS.
    Previously: 2001 AMK S3, Silver, Revo Remap, Milltek DV, KW Springs & Shocks, H&R ARB.

3rd Gear

Status
    If you want to get rid of the rear -ve yes. Not essential but you won't get the best out of the set up and will prob have quicker inner wear.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bantam1 View Post
    If you want to get rid of the rear -ve yes. Not essential but you won't get the best out of the set up and will prob have quicker inner wear.
    OK thanks for you help.