Haldex Controller

ben_turbo1

Reaction score
Website
www.rsctuning.com
Hi Guys,

Just a thought here. Rather than buying an expensive haldex controller would it not be possilbe to just re-program the info on the OE controller?

Thanks

Dont think so mate. I asked spoke to Ross-Tech last year about the posibility of loging the haldex activity so I could see at what stage of accelaration the haldex unit was applting power to the rear wheels. They said it couldn't be done so I doubt you'll be able to re-program it. It's an interesting thought though.

Wish we had a 4wd contoller in cabin like the old calibra turbo's.

Ok so as far as we know its not actualy been tried? I know some VERY handy ECU programmers, think I might offer this idea up to them. I'm guessing if this was available for say £200 we'd get alot of people doing it?

Wish we had a 4wd contoller in cabin like the old calibra turbo's.

The calibra turbo 4 wheel drive system was total tripe mate! The rear and front wheels used to have to be swapped over every 3000 miles to keep the tyre treads the same. If the treads were slightly out the 4wd box would stop working! My mate got so fed up with his that he got the 4wd system ripped out so it was just 2wd.

Ok so as far as we know its not actualy been tried? I know some VERY handy ECU programmers, think I might offer this idea up to them. I'm guessing if this was available for say £200 we'd get alot of people doing it?

I think this would be a good mod if it can be done as long as it wont increase the wear and tear of the haldex unit too much.

I have the performance Haldex and it well worth the money, Ok there not cheap but you really can feel the difference

There was a US performance modification that removed the Haldex ECU and replaced it with some sort of valve that cost about $200?