What's my car worth? A3 1.8 T Sport Quattro

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamf200

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im thinking of selling my A3 and have no idea what its worth??

Its a 2000 X Reg A3 1.8 T Sport Quattro, 5 Door, Metalic Black.
1 previous owner 60,000 miles full Audi Service History apart from last service which was by a local garage. It has 6 cd changer with Audi Concert Stereo. MOT Until November and has tax but I cant remember how long without looking!

I was hoping it may be worth around £4000?

Cheers
Adam

Last edited:
Im finding it hard to know what I can expect to get for it as Parkers value it at £3000 with 100,000 miles on it. Mine has only done 60,000, what difference does that make to the value?

Parkers is a load of S**T so just ignore what it says. The way I price my cars is to just look at other cars on the market. I would say 4k for yours would be about right as its low mileage, 2 owners, fsh and black.

Its not a great time to sell at the moment so you may have to wait to get the price you want.

My a3 seems very similar, W reg, 1.8tqs, 66k miles, FASH, 5 door, concert HU with Cd changer, leather seats. It was £5000 before part exchange with a 3 month warranty (in November), so maybe you could go for a bit more.

hope this helps

D

thanks for all your advice guys, I want as much as possible for it!
£4000 to £4500 would be what id hope to get.

you will only get what similar vehicles are selling for. Best way is to have a look at locally advertised cars of the same breed and that should give you an idea of the selling price to put on it

you will only get what similar vehicles are selling for. Best way is to have a look at locally advertised cars of the same breed and that should give you an idea of the selling price to put on it

but what if his car is in concourse condition ? or the opposite ? has the waterpump/cambelt been done ?
ballpark figure 4k tops

Erm 4.5k seems a bit high to me, i rekon probally around 4k area, Im putting mine up for 5.5k (52 plate) at the end of this month when my dads mate can give it a good buff and remove any little scrtaches, and the big one on my rear bumper too! And that'll probally have by the end of this 69k miles on it. Did facelift come in at 2001 for the a3's ?

jesus guys, all these prices sound awfully high to me.........

I know a few people who've recently picked up 60-70k 2001 A3 1.8T's for £3k in really mint condition..... that seems more like the going rate to me.

I'd say yours may be worth £3500, but I wouldn't think any more really.....

jesus guys, all these prices sound awfully high to me.........

I know a few people who've recently picked up 60-70k 2001 A3 1.8T's for £3k in really mint condition..... that seems more like the going rate to me.

I'd say yours may be worth £3500, but I wouldn't think any more really.....

1.8T quattro's are rare compaired to 1.8T's though.

Agree, looking on autotrader, i dont see why you couldnt advertise yours for 4.5k really, theres a 1999 80k maroon! a3 going for 4k. So id just put it up for 4.5k and see what happens, and if somone gets it for 4k there think theyve robbed you! This winter snow may make buyers go for a quattro instead of a fwd maybe?

Its seems we have a baseline price sorted, i will now close this thread before it turns into a for sale thread. Thanks to everyone for the input

Status
Not open for further replies.