Pipercross induction kit

audi_a3_turbo

Reaction score
sorry I know this question may have already been asked but Im debating whether to buy a pipercross induction kit for my car so I thought I would ask if anyone else is using one and if they are any good? Im aware that alot of people talk about drawing more heat in that cold air but is this really that much of an issue?
Any thoughts?
Thanks

Ooooooooooooooooooh, thats a bit nice..... I likey. May have to check the squirreled away funds.....

As long as its sealed like the one in the link it'll be fine. If its a cone filter with no cold air feed it'll be crap, I should know as I had one!.

To be honest though save your pennies and jsut stick with the standard air box as its fine with a decent filter in it.

That does look nice but personally I think the standard box is good with a decent filter and smoothed out. If you go front mount you can get a 4" air feed into the standard box too which will be just as good as the above but a lot cheaper.

yup im going 4" into airbox when i buy the fmic...... no point in wasting cash on that item which will have less filteration area within and most likely offer no gains as we've already found the 1.8T engine airbox has virtually the same flow as with no air box attached at all

yup im going 4" into airbox when i buy the fmic...... no point in wasting cash on that item which will have less filteration area within and most likely offer no gains as we've already found the 1.8T engine airbox has virtually the same flow as with no air box attached at all

Tim any plans on where to feed the 4" intake? I'll be ordering my FMIC at the end of this month so might start knocking up the 4" hose into my spare airbox once i've finished smoothing it.

no idea mate, i seem to remember Glen (Ess_three) saying that he ended up taking out the battery box and feeding it beneath that before reinstalling..... TBH ive not looked, although apparently it was a very tight squeeze

no idea mate, i seem to remember Glen (Ess_three) saying that he ended up taking out the battery box and feeding it beneath that before reinstalling..... TBH ive not looked, although apparently it was a very tight squeeze

Tight is right! I was thinking of fibreglass moulding the 4" hose into the airbox so its air tight and looks mint. I'll do some research at the weekend :)