Fuel Pump and ESP

a-list

Reaction score
I seem to be having no end of trouble with my 2001 S3. I've just had a new Crown Wheel and Pinion in the gearbox which cost a fair bit. Got it back from the garage and the ESP light is on all the time and the light on the button doesn't light up. Any ideas?

On sunday my car started fine, drove up the road and left in a car park. When I got back, the car wouldn't start, turned over a bit but nothing. Had the RAC out, who have said its the fuel pump. Does anyone know how much this will cost to replace? Is it easy to do? Could it be something minor that won't cost much?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

A

Does the fuel pump prime if a live feed is put to it? Check that first as it could be something else i.e. immoboliser

I've just had the call from the garage and it is the fuel pump. They reckon it has to be a genuine audi part which will cost £219 inc VAT + labour of around an hour.

Does this sound like a reasonable price? Anyone know where I could get one cheaper? Is it worth upgrading it? Its for an AMK engine.

A

I seem to be having no end of trouble with my 2001 S3. I've just had a new Crown Wheel and Pinion in the gearbox which cost a fair bit. Got it back from the garage and the ESP light is on all the time and the light on the button doesn't light up. Any ideas?

On sunday my car started fine, drove up the road and left in a car park. When I got back, the car wouldn't start, turned over a bit but nothing. Had the RAC out, who have said its the fuel pump. Does anyone know how much this will cost to replace? Is it easy to do? Could it be something minor that won't cost much?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

A

Did the ESP light only stay on AFTER it had had gearbox work done?

yeah - the esp light on the dash stays on. This only started to happen after the gearbox was fixed. does that mean that the ESP is off then?

Mine is the same, but haven't got round to investigating this little fault yet.... Although I did notice that there appears to be something missing from the gearbox - there is a hole through which I can see the flywheel!

its easy to replace it sits under back seat under panel on drivers side just unplug wiring squeeze pipe ends with pliers to pop off unscrew ring lift out carefully remembering theres a float for fuel gauge and what way its facing disconnect pipe in tank and wiring fit new one making surerubber seal seated right sounds alot but did mine in ten minutes