Engine oil Flush Yes/No

Pinola

Reaction score
I have been reading up about Forte motor Oil flush looks good stuff some people say used it it really good and some say dont can do more harm than good. what are peoples opions on this and who here has used it on there S3

I wouldn't use it mate. It's ok for older engines but I doubt you'll find any audi techs who recommend it. A regular oil change should be good enough on any modern engine. I've also heard that the flush can mess up seals.

I'd rather go for the highest grade oil that the manufacturer recommends, and filter, and change them more frequently. Wouldn't touch an engine flush with a bargepole.

My local audi dealership stocks engine flush and sold me a bottle a while ago. Although I never used it cant say if its any good.

mines had a flush with every change(4k)from about 50k no probs runs sweet

Unless your engine isn't running right, why the need to flush the engine?

my car has done 87k now and it's only been 4k since last service and oil is getting pritty dirty didn't know if flushing would be a good thing to do as i'm gonna change the oil soon.

i read that engine flush can damage seals etc and that taking the car for a good run then drain the oil whilst its warm

i used flush on my last oil change, only because it was the first service it had had in my ownership and was unsure of last oil change

i have used it on previous motors with no issues, i would of thought that it would harm seals if they are already damaged/perishing? but thats not the point really is it

i know someone who drained their oil, shoved a hose pipe in through the oil cap, left the sump plug out, turned the engine on and put the hose on full blast! lol

needless to say this kid is a complete spaz and shouldnt be allowed anywhere near a car or tools, i found it quite funny though :)

I flushed my engine last week, it was the first overhaul/service undertaken by me... I changed many filters and dropped the sump and resealed using the sump sealant vag recommend. Then filled up with mobil1 0w40... I know my car is a tdi and not an S3, but the results have been breath taking.

Yes I accept that the flush wpuld only serve to highlight weakneses in the seales, but if they are on their way out, why not find that problem now instead of letting the crud buildup protect them?

I flushed my engine last week, it was the first overhaul/service undertaken by me... I changed many filters and dropped the sump and resealed using the sump sealant vag recommend. Then filled up with mobil1 0w40... I know my car is a tdi and not an S3, but the results have been breath taking.

Yes I accept that the flush wpuld only serve to highlight weakneses in the seales, but if they are on their way out, why not find that problem now instead of letting the crud buildup protect them?

My B5 Passat TDI is on 176k miles and running chipped power since 90k miles, never flushed it, and it run like a dream.

I stuck my 99/2000 Vreg S3 with 106k miles in to the local audi dealer to get the oil pump and sump pan replaced. I discussed this at length with the Audi mechanic (who is a mate from school days so wouldn't ******** me) and his recommendation was that the only time he would consider doing an engine flush is if you are going to be dropping the sump.

The reason for this was that any crud/crap/gunk/debris that is flushed is going to be dislodged and end up in the sump where there is a fair chance it could clog up the oil pump suction strainer causing oil starvation to the engine and the damage that could cause.

As it was I got mine flushed, new pump, strainer and sump pan on and haven't had any trouble since. The oil is still golden when I check the level, although to be fair i haven't put that many miles on since.

Won't do any harm, i flush mine once a year. You can do it this time round then never do it again if you wanted, your seals will be ok because your has been serviced using 5w30, by flushing you'll just be eliminating contamination of oils so the 5w40 will keep its operating properties for longer and not mix to form any kind of build up in your engine