Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Question Engine oil Flush Yes/No

I have been reading up about Forte motor Oil flush looks good stuff some people say used it it really good and some say dont can do more harm than good. what are peoples opions on this and who here has used it on there S3

2. # ADS
    ADS

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    I wouldn't use it mate. It's ok for older engines but I doubt you'll find any audi techs who recommend it. A regular oil change should be good enough on any modern engine. I've also heard that the flush can mess up seals.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

2nd Gear

Status
    I'd rather go for the highest grade oil that the manufacturer recommends, and filter, and change them more frequently. Wouldn't touch an engine flush with a bargepole.

1st Gear

Status
    My local audi dealership stocks engine flush and sold me a bottle a while ago. Although I never used it cant say if its any good.
    Audi S3 2001. Black on Black. OE Sat Nav/Freeview. Bose. 18" Audi/BBS Splits. 10+16mm Spacers. KW Coilovers. Forge DV,tip and intercooler pipes. KnN Panel Filter. Oh and the essential Re-map. GONE

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Unless your engine isn't running right, why the need to flush the engine?

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

2nd Gear

Status
    mines had a flush with every change(4k)from about 50k no probs runs sweet

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Unless your engine isn't running right, why the need to flush the engine?
    my car has done 87k now and it's only been 4k since last service and oil is getting pritty dirty didn't know if flushing would be a good thing to do as i'm gonna change the oil soon.

2nd Gear

Status
    i read that engine flush can damage seals etc and that taking the car for a good run then drain the oil whilst its warm

SOLD 2002 S3,full black heated leather, bose, 997 turbo's, lcr splitter, coilovers, superchip, blueflame cat back, k&n, forge dv, forge hoses, forge quickshift, forge rear tie bars and forge fmic

5th Gear

Status
    i used flush on my last oil change, only because it was the first service it had had in my ownership and was unsure of last oil change

i have used it on previous motors with no issues, i would of thought that it would harm seals if they are already damaged/perishing? but thats not the point really is it

i know someone who drained their oil, shoved a hose pipe in through the oil cap, left the sump plug out, turned the engine on and put the hose on full blast! lol

needless to say this kid is a complete spaz and shouldnt be allowed anywhere near a car or tools, i found it quite funny though

TDi? Liberties!

Status
    I flushed my engine last week, it was the first overhaul/service undertaken by me... I changed many filters and dropped the sump and resealed using the sump sealant vag recommend. Then filled up with mobil1 0w40... I know my car is a tdi and not an S3, but the results have been breath taking.

Yes I accept that the flush wpuld only serve to highlight weakneses in the seales, but if they are on their way out, why not find that problem now instead of letting the crud buildup protect them?
    2001 A3 1.9tdi 130pd (Aka "Osama Bin Diesel") 130bhp 310NM = PMSL
    Done:

EGR switched off using vag.com. Full no expenses spared service. Refurb Gearbox, new clutch/flywheel.
    In the works:
    Mk II TT Steering wheel (No Airbag), vag.com switchable 3 stage map. Big brake kit. Hybrid turbo.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 9099 View Post
    I flushed my engine last week, it was the first overhaul/service undertaken by me... I changed many filters and dropped the sump and resealed using the sump sealant vag recommend. Then filled up with mobil1 0w40... I know my car is a tdi and not an S3, but the results have been breath taking.

Yes I accept that the flush wpuld only serve to highlight weakneses in the seales, but if they are on their way out, why not find that problem now instead of letting the crud buildup protect them?
    My B5 Passat TDI is on 176k miles and running chipped power since 90k miles, never flushed it, and it run like a dream.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Ross_S4

Status
    I stuck my 99/2000 Vreg S3 with 106k miles in to the local audi dealer to get the oil pump and sump pan replaced. I discussed this at length with the Audi mechanic (who is a mate from school days so wouldn't bull**** me) and his recommendation was that the only time he would consider doing an engine flush is if you are going to be dropping the sump.

The reason for this was that any crud/crap/gunk/debris that is flushed is going to be dislodged and end up in the sump where there is a fair chance it could clog up the oil pump suction strainer causing oil starvation to the engine and the damage that could cause.

As it was I got mine flushed, new pump, strainer and sump pan on and haven't had any trouble since. The oil is still golden when I check the level, although to be fair i haven't put that many miles on since.

6th Gear

Status
    Won't do any harm, i flush mine once a year. You can do it this time round then never do it again if you wanted, your seals will be ok because your has been serviced using 5w30, by flushing you'll just be eliminating contamination of oils so the 5w40 will keep its operating properties for longer and not mix to form any kind of build up in your engine
    3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software