JMB RetrofitsBadger5

Thread: Front bumper

2nd Gear

Status

Front bumper

need some help how do i remove my front bumper on my s3?
    pics would be great
    thanx

gav

SOLD 2002 S3,full black heated leather, bose, 997 turbo's, lcr splitter, coilovers, superchip, blueflame cat back, k&n, forge dv, forge hoses, forge quickshift, forge rear tie bars and forge fmic

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    remove all the screws at the front of the wheel arch which holds the lining to the body/bumper. Open the bonnet, and you will see 4 black circles with small holes in the middle along the front edge which hold the top of the bumper to the body... Push the centre of these straight through and then pull out the big black circles (push rivets). Now under the bumper there are 2 screws holding it in place from the underside. Remove these.

pull the bumper outwards from the wheel arches as if you are stretching it apart, and then pull if forward and it should come off the car with ease!

2nd Gear

Status
    thank you very much will give it ago tomorrow

SOLD 2002 S3,full black heated leather, bose, 997 turbo's, lcr splitter, coilovers, superchip, blueflame cat back, k&n, forge dv, forge hoses, forge quickshift, forge rear tie bars and forge fmic

Ross_S4

Status
    alternative way to get those four plastic rivets out mate, if you have a small self tapping screw that will screw into the middle, screw it in just a little bit, grab the screw with the pliers, pull them up, then lever out the plastic rivet that they sat in the middle of. saves you dropping them through and having to hunt for / lose them.

Neutral

Status
    to add to rossbrownlees post its easier if u drill a small hole in the plastic rivet first just changed the bumpers on my a3 this made it really easy

2nd Gear

Status
    k thanks guys will give it a go