Polish!

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
What polish does everyone use? Im after one to help cut out swirls etc.

Ive alway's used autoglym super resin polish and its ok but ive noticed they do a autoglym ultra deep shine, they say its for dark based cars but is it a filler rather than a cuuting polish, i dont want it to mask the swirls.

Im going to try and lend a machine polisher too so i know that should help.

So is there any other good cutting polish's?

I use Menzerna RD3.02 then followed up with Menzerna 85RE on lake country pads on a G220 and it gives me good results Dani

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

Cheers Matt

Matt, thats imaculate.

You buy all the products off polished bliss?

Yes mate I did, it's the hard G220 polishing kit I then got some lake country pads from cleanyourcar and there very good pads

cheers matt

Why, is your's abit limp westle? lmfao

AG's ultra deep shine does work well but is a filler though it wont get rid of the swirls just hide them really,

Cheers Matt

AG's ultra deep shine does work well but is a filler though it wont get rid of the swirls just hide them really,

Cheers Matt

The car looks great bud! Got to agree with you on the AG Ultra deep shine, i did mine with the old buffer this weekend, unlike others the AG seems to give it a very clean sharp finish and the pearl shows up really well!

Have you tried Poorboys Black hole? It works great on mine so it'll be awesome on yours! :)

No, i wouldn't say it is dani, just a good polish, it'll work good on yours though, do your have a buffing machine or would you be polishing by hand?

Ive bought the wet ove ice kit along with some menzerna 203S, basically everything polished bliss recommend for dark metallic paint. Ive not used it yet though due to the short days , it'l be a full day job to do it properly. Im going to be doing by hand , can i expect good results ?

Ive bought the wet ove ice kit along with some menzerna 203S, basically everything polished bliss recommend for dark metallic paint. Ive not used it yet though due to the short days , it'l be a full day job to do it properly. Im going to be doing by hand , can i expect good results ?
You will not be dissapointed

Good to hear, Ive tried several other polishes and never been totally happy. I wish id just bought the blackfire kit first instead of spending money on others. Just waiting for a long day now so i can get cracking, the car has taken a battering recently with the bad weather.

Dani if you read the write ups on polished bliss site and join detailingworld ;)

The AG is widely regarded as a polish with filling properties, depends how far you wana go...machine is what you'll need to get the swirls out, although id be paying Jim to do mine as opposed to buying a G220 which hasnt got the capability to fetch 100% of defects out....for the same price id imagine Jim would sort your car properly so all you need to do is maintain it...yes the G220 is good from what i hear, but it doesnt do the full job and it will take you literally hours to get anywhere near a good finsh if you have swirls you want rid of

hope this helps mate ;)

I know what your saying animal it does take a long time but I belive that you can use a g220 to remove all the swirls from your paintwork, yes it would take a quarter of the time if using a rotary polisher but as a novice at what risk? The dual action polishers like the g220 pose very little risk of damaging the paintwork even if used very badly, I spent a whole weekend last summer polishing my car and I belive I got rid of at least 90% of my swirls, since then though through lazy washing techniqes I have inflicted some more!
Yes could pay someone to do it but some people (as I'm sure you do) love taking care of there cars and would rather enjoy the satisfaction of having a go themselves.
Ps after seeing the results of the werkstat kit on your car I've since bought some and now swear by the stuff!

Cheers Matt

Cheers matt

Last edited:
good init Matt :)

yeah i can see what ya saying, i was of the mind that id rather have sumat to show for my money until i saw the results from Jim's hard work.....ive now resigned myself to maintaining it as best i can without being deswirled, spent a fortune and still dont own any cutting compounds :) ...... karcher just gone back in under warranty after 11 months use :( not been able to wash the car for 3 weeks now boooo

I think I'd have a nervous breakdown if I couldn't wash my car for 3 weeks! HaHa

Is it ok to use the menzerna by hand? I know it wont give as good finish or results as if i use a machine polisher but would it still help give correction?

Ideally you use menzerna with a machine (I use a rotary) because the polish has to 'break down' when you use it. Doing it by hand wont work the polish enough to break it down and get it doing its thing. Sure you will still see results I reckon but its going to take a lot of elbow grease.

I did the GF's TT by hand with it a while back and it was alright, nothing compared to machine polishing though.

T

am i not correct in saying that if you dont break it down properly then you leave youself wide open for even more swirls???im sure theres sumat like that

It shouldnt give you any swirls really but it just wont be doing its job as well :)

but isnt it like a micro grit, as a compound it cuts, then grinds down kind of like reducing the GSM of sandpaper until its so fine and you end up with a decent finish.... its not like T cut - hence why hand isnt recommended

The polished bliss guide for dark metallic paint says Menzerna 203s can be used by hand in conjunction with a hand held cutting pad, but it does say it takes a lot of elbow grease !