What's needed for a solid 300bhp in a 2001 S3?

Mine was so bad that when i got it I took it to ABT near me to test drive it and they said there was nothing wrong with that lol, so i just assumed it was heavy and slow

... and sort of expected at least 300brake - i mean if after all this i only get a 90brake increase over standard to must be a pretty poor design engine

...the engine is fine, its the turbo... its simply too small to flow the volume of air required to develop that sort of power....

<tuffty/>

Hmmmm, done any logging with VAG COM at all on it? Air mass readings etc?

No readings, but no faults showing. its got to be remapped when i get it back next week so hopefully things may show up then

Worth doing to make use of the kit you've got. I'd make sure there isn't anything wrong with it mate to be honest, REVO maps are notoriously aggressive, and as a general rule feel quite powerful, so I'm surprised to hear you say it's gutless.

Lol its def not aggressive, hopefully it will improve it, but im not that bothered, its a nice everyday car

cams may help, BUT, they push the power up the rev band, and given the k0x turbos dont flow much at high revs, you are unlikely to realise any flow gains when the compressor/turbine are out of puff

i recon that an IHI kit (either VF34 or VF22) is probably the best way to go if you want a good 300hp. it might involve a bit (alot) more work than installing a hybrid K04 but at the end of the day you wont have the turbo at its limit all the time and it will probably be more reliable than a hybrid...