HELP! Car won't start!!

DJ_Troopa

Reaction score
Last night my car stopped working. I can't get the thing to start :( it constantly ticks over but just doesn't want to start. The oil picture on the big screen has come up a couple times for some reason but my oil is topped up fine. Also, the fans keep turning on everytime we try starting the car??

Any idea's please :(

Thanks everyone, feel so crap right now.

Jay

It constantly ticks over, as it constantly turns over? or the starter motor is ticking?? if it's the latter, then it sounds like a flat/dead battery. If it's turning over, then possible crank sensor problem, you need to do a diagnostic test with VAGcom or similar to see if it throws up any faults.

Sorry, i'm not that technical jojo lol. The car's making the 'turning on' sound but just not going on. The AA man checked the battery last night and that was fine. My friend is coming later with vag-com so i will post the results up here when i find out. I just hope it's nothing really serious.

Cheers jojo.

Like JoJo said it could be a bad crankshaft sensor or a bad temp sender.

Thanks golf. What's a temp sender?? When i turn the ignition on the car engine fans come on! Has that maybe got something to do with it?

I had a similar problem 2 months ago, battery was all fine. Turned out to be the fuel pump. Dont say you got the same problem but might be worth checking :).