S3 Mud flaps?

dares_uk

Reaction score
ive decided i wonna get some mud flaps for my 1999 S3,
as im fed up of it being filthy 1 days after cleaning it, :p

Do audi do OEM parts for this?

or any suggestions.

thanks

Me 2, if you find some that fit let me know, the S3 back end is a right b*tch for getting flick marks.

i seem to remember the A3 rears fitted the S3 fronts....or other way around, search and you'll find im sure

You need to buy the A3 rears - they fit front and back.

The back ones are pretty much a straight fit and the profile matches the bumper. They just drill into the rear wheelarch liner.

Fitting A3 rears to the front is a bit more difficult as you can only drill one hole into the arch liner. To mount the top, you either need to drill into the wheelarch (not a good idea), or what I did was make some tiny G clamps to hold the mudflap against the lip of the wheelarch. To do that I bought some U shaped aluminium profile from B&Q - approx 2cm by 2cm. Cut a 2cm length, drilled a hole in one of the uprights of the U, cut a thread in it with a tap, then fitted a small grub screw. Hey presto, a tiny G clamp that I put behind the lip on the wing and then screwed the grub screw into the mudguard. Mine have held for about 3 years. I can take some piccies if you want but it will be a while as I won't be home in daylight for a couple of weeks.

fifteen notes, gotta be worth a go see how they look, not sure if they would suit the s3 but i would like to be proven wrong :)

HEre are a couple of shots I've got already:

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

THey aren't specific shots of the mudflaps, but you can see them.