How do you fit new springs

clcollins

Reaction score
Perhaps I should have asked this before buying them, how do you fit new lowering springs?

I have bought the Eibach Pro kit, I can't see it being too difficult, just time consuming.

All help appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

remove legsfrom vehicle get a spring compressor and compress spring unbolt top nut and change sspring, refit in reverse order, not forgetting the full 4 wheel alignment required to set up the suspension so car sits right!

[ QUOTE ]
foolish3uk said:
remove legsfrom vehicle get a spring compressor and compress spring unbolt top nut and change sspring, refit in reverse order, not forgetting the full 4 wheel alignment required to set up the suspension so car sits right!

[/ QUOTE ]

Expect to pay about £80+ to get the 4 wheel allignment done at the stealers! You can get it cheaper but its quite an involved job so I'm told.

[ QUOTE ]
foolish3uk said:

[/ QUOTE ]

******, that's more work than I was expecting, spring compressor?, 4 wheel alignment?

Took me the best part of 4 hours to change the springs on my A3... The hardest part was removing the shock/spring unit! Once this is out, you can compress the spring and remove it from the shock VERY easily...takes all of about 2 minutes..same for replacing it. As for putting the shock back in the car, clean off the mating surfaces with WD40 and some fine wet&dry and it slips back in nicely... Not a hard job, just time consuming and a bit fristrating when bits wont come apart!

Cheers

Rich