Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Water from exhaust

seem to have a fair bit of liquid coming from the exhaust on start up, any ideas?

loosing coolant quickly atm and have abit of froth in oil (supposedly not head gasket, just from doing lots of cold runs) dont know if these might be linked.

any help appreciated
    Audi A3 97' 1.6 Midnight Blue | Standard as of yet |

2. # ADS
    ADS

Alex

Status
    I would of guessed head gasket or cracked cylinder.
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

PS3: Broady_11

1st Gear

Status
    I had a lot of steam coming from my exhaust before Xmas and was loosing coolant, turned out to be a cracked head. 1800 later and I should be picking the car up in the morning. Yours obviously could just be a blown head gasket which if you shop around you can get changed for around 600.

Good luck
    Audi S3 2001. Black on Black. OE Sat Nav/Freeview. Bose. 18" Audi/BBS Splits. 10+16mm Spacers. KW Coilovers. Forge DV,tip and intercooler pipes. KnN Panel Filter. Oh and the essential Re-map. GONE

Neutral

Status
    With respect to mayo in the filler cap, i've had this during the cold months only and i've been doing short runs which doesn't help apparently oil is around 7% contaminated with water and this condenses at the coolest point. Loosing a small amount of coolant probably no more than an egg cup a week and this only happened in the cold weather. Do the obvious radiator pipe checks etc but i wouldn't worry too much. I took mine to get checked and the guy said it's nothing to do with the engine, also when the weather is freezing condensation will settle in the exhaust system and can be drawn in from the air inlet manifold. You just need to take a look at all the other cars on the road on a cold morning, many will produce steam for the first few miles. Having said all this it's worth just popping down to your local garage otherwise you could be doing more damage, but i wouldn't be ringing alarm bells just yet.