S3 Interior Lights and MPG

FugitiveB42

Reaction score
Hi, I am finaly able to proadly join the forum after buying a 1999 audi s3. being an old car i expected some issues, but one that is kind of annoying is that both front and back interior lights were working fine until last night when the decided to not work at all. Anyone had similar or any ideas? Also my MPG seems lower than I would expect, its sitting when driving sensibly about 15-17MPG or on motorways at about 20MPG. Is it normally this poor :)?

Thanks
Ben

id say the mpg does sound a tad low but not by a ridiculous amount. the interior lights id put down to a fuse blown, 2 second fix.

Check the fuses, the owners manual will show you where they are. Also reset the trip computer to zero your MPG as it may of not been done for a while and is stuck on that low figure.

Fuse for the lights, it tells you which fuse is where on the cover.

MPG, you can reset by pressing the button on the bottom of the right hand stalk, keep it pressed i think for a few seconds, that should do the trick, then see how you get on.

yeah the MPG i have reset already, but i havnt tried replacing the fuse, ill probs do it by the weekend and let u guys know. Thanks for the help