LED lights??

Reaction score
There was a post on LED lights on here a while back but I am having trouble finding it? I am looking to buy some but can't find any details? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Try a search on Prism, they're one of the RING brands and in my opinion good quality.

Drill has been using some in his A3 and had them fail, but now using mine for almost a year they've not had anything go wrong.

The above is unbiased as I didn't pay for them as I got them for 'Test' purposes from Ring.......unrelated directly to cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I am on my second set from ultraleds.co.uk They are standard 6 bulb white led's, and look awesome! they don't last long though.
I am now looking to try another brand.
Any suggestions anyone?
Chris.

Many thanks guys, anyone know which ones would suit a pre-facelift A3? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
T30GUE S3 said:
I am on my second set from ultraleds.co.uk They are standard 6 bulb white led's, and look awesome! they don't last long though.
I am now looking to try another brand.
Any suggestions anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]
Chris
I bought the PIAA LED's (one white/one blue per side) only problem I had was removing the old sidelight bulbs. I have tried various methods but they won't budge. How did you remove yours?
Cheers
Steph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Get a missus with very small hands! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
I found the Drivers side lamp a bit easier, open the rear cover and push it back as far as it will go. then squeeze your fingers in. I found looking in through the front of the h/lamp helps to guide me to the correct wires/bulbholder, as you can see it moving when your hand is on it. Pull this out and carefully pull bulb from holder and replace. Getting it all back is a little tricky. Turning the sidelights on a this point helps to guide the new bulb into the hole in the headlamp (again look from front)Then push firmly home. Passenger side is made more awkward by less available space, but I usually manage to pull the bulb out carefully by its wires (I know I shouldn't, but I'm not moving the battery for a poxy sidelight) Again replace the bulb. At this point I just manage to push it all back with the end of my finger, as whole hand will not fit in space. Hurts a bit though, but worth it in the end. Should take about 10 mins all in.
Good luck
Chris. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cheers for that Chris. I will give it a go tonight when I finish. Time permitted as its a footie night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

Hi all!

Read this post a little too late! I have two spare type 501 bulbs (4 LED and Blue) that fit in the door side and puddle lights if anyone wants them. They're £6 including postage. PM me if you're interested. I have the white LEDS in the boot and as my rear plate lights which are cool. Inside, have the very bright 9-LED versions that really give the car a soft blue glow at night when opening the car.

Cheers,

Anthony

[ QUOTE ]
antsS3 said:
Hi all!

Read this post a little too late! I have two spare type 501 bulbs (4 LED and Blue) that fit in the door side and puddle lights if anyone wants them. They're £6 including postage. PM me if you're interested. I have the white LEDS in the boot and as my rear plate lights which are cool. Inside, have the very bright 9-LED versions that really give the car a soft blue glow at night when opening the car.

Cheers,

Anthony

[/ QUOTE ]

Hadn't thought of those applications, might have to buy some more now!