FORGE DUMP VALVE FMDV007 Amd remap

audia3turrbo

Reaction score
Hi have just had a remap from AmD Essex,just to say a big thanks i love it moves like a **** of a stick but when i was there they said i should upgrade my dump valve standard one for a FORGE DUMP VALVE FMDV007 but i don't no what difference this will make and if it is worth getting this,also i would like to no if there is any point getting a dump valve or will this loose me power i am looking for more power as i only have 205.8 bhp but i don't want go to over the top,my car has done 110,000 miles and don't want it going bang lol if any body could give me some advise would be great...Ps any body have any alloys for my car near Essex could pick up and only looking for 17 inch

The dump valve you mention is an uprated one, as the standard plastic ones dont handle the extra boost from the remap very well and are pretty crap, the 1.8t all run a closed loop system which means the the dumped air is recirculated, no ptshhh noise. Not really any power gains though, but i think they do improve running. 205.8 bhp did you get that figure from a dyno, seems quite high for just a remap.

Yeah the forge dump valve will improve running and is highly recommended when running a remapped car. 205.8bhp sounds about right if not a little low, I take it you had the 150bhp version.

Hi yes this was a dyno the dyno tested my car be for remap and it was 160 bhp then they fit a piper cross panel filter and done a remap then come out at 205.8bhp don't no if the filter will help,i like the little noise of the dump valve i have at the moment but i would rather one that will make my car run better,do any of you guys no if a dump valve with a noise will loose u power ? and what do you guys have done to your car ?

You want a recirculating DV otherwise you will loose power and risk damaging your turbo. You do still get quite a noticeable noise with the forge DV, I've personally got a bailey recirc DV.

I have an a3 1.8t and just had it chipped, pushed the boost up to 16psi, was told about 190 bhp now, should i be getting more then??

did u get a remapor a chip my friend, and lemon s3 can u point me to a good dump valve with out spending loads of cash please and are they hard to fit?

I have an a3 1.8t and just had it chipped, pushed the boost up to 16psi, was told about 190 bhp now, should i be getting more then??

That's probably about right as you're only running 1bar of boost, who done it for you as the gains differ between the companies.

did u get a remapor a chip my friend, and lemon s3 can u point me to a good dump valve with out spending loads of cash please and are they hard to fit?

http://www.ultimatemods.co.uk/audi-...diverter-valve-dump-valve-forge-fmcl007p.html

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BAILEY-DV30-D...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3efbe0be0b

There's loads on ebay, have a search.

It takes 5 minutes to fit as it is a direct replacement, so it's just a question of undoing the jubilees, taking the old DV off and putting the new one in and doing the jubilees back up. Simples.

Last edited:

Had my old A4 1.8T Superchipped and their figure was 186bhp, so yours sounds realistic rather than some (most) companies pie-in-the-sky figures!

lemon s3 do you no if fitting a dv will loose power u sent me a link for to the 1 on ebay and another link what is the diffrence between the too and what one is better thanks alot,people who have had there car remapped let me no your bhp and your mods ..... :)

lemon s3 do you no if fitting a dv will loose power u sent me a link for to the 1 on ebay and another link what is the diffrence between the too and what one is better thanks alot,people who have had there car remapped let me no your bhp and your mods ..... :)

You won't lose power as you already have a DV as standard but it's plastic and will most likely break with the extra boost you're using. It doesn't really matter which one you get as they are the same just different make, I'd be getting the cheaper one or do as JS1500 said and get the awesome GTI DV as it's even cheaper http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=13863&xSec=382
If you don't go for any of these, where ever you decide to get it from just make sure it's a recirculating DV and not an atmospheric DV otherwise you will lose power.

You can get a forge split valve, that bleeds a little air out to make the noise, but you need to recirculate most, as the air is pre metered by the airflow meter and will overfuel the engine. My car had a chip change as the ecu could not be reflashed. Was done by a bloke called Scott Phillips who came and done all the work while the car was on the drive. He gave a full warranty and tested car before and after. Think the software was from a German based tuning company. But he said that prob about 190-200 bhp now, car should stay reliable with that.