Diaphram split

Seizure

Reaction score
No, the missus isn't up the duff. LOL!!!

I think the diaphram in my diverter valve has split. I get a fluttering noise when under boost. It is the original Bosch item, but is that the symtoms of a dodgy DV? I'd just like to confirm before I rush out to buy a Forge item.

Cheers

Worked out what the prob was. One of the manifold to turbo bolts had come loose. Looks like I didn't put enough thread lock on it when I did it up.

Cheers

Yeah get some pictures up on here! Looks very interesting indeed!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
HTC said:
There are quite a few MK2's with S3 engines on the clubgti forum, all of which are very nice and VERY fast!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This one has got a S3 dash as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

There was quite a few Mk2 Golfs with the 1.8T engine at the ClubGti megameet earlier this month. Not sure if they were the S3 unit or not though.

For the few of you that asked so nicely.....here are some pics.

I would just like to say that the car isn't finished yet, not by a long shot. It still needs things like a drivers airbag and I've still got to customise some S3 door cards to fit as well. But I wanted to get it on the road so I could start de-bugging any mechanical problems.

I was/am going for a sort of OE look to the car, with a few sacrifices to performance and handling etc. hence the air filter, the bespoke 3" single silncer exhaust system, strut brace and the like, but I didn't want to make it look too obvious out on the road. I still have te original 15" BBSs for the car and they'll be used to give it a real OE/sleeper look.

Any way, here you go:

Front
Rear
Interior - Drivers side
Interior - Passengers side
Fully working clocks
Engine