Bilstein shocks

putang

Reaction score
I have just ordered my biltein shocks from damien @ DPM (superb service)

I just want to know what people think

Correct choice to go for these dampers or should have bought weitec coilovers for the same money

Does anyone have the billys fitted?

I have had billys fitted on previous cars and to me they are a cut above.

Also ordered a 007p and a panel filter. wonder what will be next.

Yet to find out. I have all my suspension bits sitting here waiting for better weather lol.

The car I'm looking to buy has the B8 billies and H & R springs fitted. It's meant to be the business. From what I've read on here, they're the best suspension setup you can get without going for crashy coilovers.

I have eibach springs on at the moment, may change to H&R in the future. Cant wait till tue to have them fitted.

Getting the adjustable tie bars done at the same time, getting it all set up by jim @star performance

I had billies and eibach springs on my old s3, with kw tie arms and whitline arbs. Brilliant set up in my opinion. Handled fantastic and still had a comfortable ride

Thats what i was hoping for. I wanted a comfortable ride while still having good grip when i need it. Next on the cards is the brake set up i think, brakes on the s3 are terrible.

Im still unsure on going for Billies or some kind of Coils set up, cheap coils seem so tempting for the price and the thought of good handling even at the expense of ride comfort is tempting for such a little amount of money... that is compared to billies and H+R... hmmm i still got a lot of thinking to do around this! sounds like you are really geting that car sorted though putang!

problem ya have is finding someone whos knows how to set the coilovers up..... you will sacrifice comfort, but thats not all.... hit a pothole on coilovers and your car will not react as well as id imagine this set up would..... its not only the ride quality you need to consider, spring recoil, damp rates all play a big part with road driving due to the many different surfaces

Getting these fitted tomorrow, tie bars included.

Yea jdas03, trying too.

I love the car its only got 43k on it. plan on getting a 3" downpipe and cat next

my cousin has got the kw v3 on his a4 and it has turned out to be the wrong move. after 3 attempts by various people the ride is till not good at all. (handles well though!)

Thats the coilovers too. I didnt fancy coilovers. I wanted it to handle well and comfy ride, for good coilovers you are talking big money. The other thing is you cant adjust the coilovers when you want, because you always have to get the suspension set up again. Which is another trip down the garage and more coin.

So i thought best, get decent fixed height springs + dampers.

Anytime i have had coilovers in the past i wax coated them once a year, kept them pretty good. Like anything really, if you want to keep it good got to maintain it.

Just got the car back today after having the billy and kw tie bars fitted. The car is so much better. When going slow the ride is still nice but firm, but when your pushing it a bit harder it feels so much more planted