JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

A3 3 door seat belt buckle change

my passanger seat belt buckle is broken just bought a complete new 1 and want to change the whole lot as my other 1 is bend from putting the seat forward and then down as it goes backwards etc, any help on how to do it would be nice thanks,
    13.8 santapod gti fest 2010 class g 1st place winner. A3 1.8 20vt 180 quattro, Revo stage 2.5 map,[/B] Forge tip, forge cold side, Forge splitter valve, Carbonio cold intake with aem filter,decat pipe, 2.5inch exhaust, k03s turbo with forge actuator, revs fmc with forge houses, j n75 valve, 4 bar fuel reg, hid's, 17" tt alloys t1r

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Rob,

I have the same issue, am about to change the seat belt anchor buckle bit on my 3door '99 A3. I believe the pretensioner is on the reel, so no issues there, but...do you need to take the seat out, disconnect anything?

Any help would be greatly appreciated if you find any info,

Cheers

Chris

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    as the other seat belt post disconnect the battery,,,

6th Gear

Status
    Remove the rear panel, you can then see the reel in the bottom of the B post. The anchor point is held on by a 17mm bolt one end and a 8mm iirc allen key bolt behind the panel. You can undo the allen key bolt and just about slip the belt off the anchor.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for that, but it's the side on the centre of the car, the red and black catch? that the belt clips into when you put it on. Do I need to take the seat right out or can it be done by tilting the seat or sliding it forwards somehow?

Ta

6th Gear

Status
    The seat is very easy to take out anyway fella. Just pop it out.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Okay, almost all sorted, but the combination of a soft bolt head and huge quantities of Loc-Tite meant that the bolt became rounded off and required a pair of mole grips to remove...but we got there! Anyway, the new bolt and washer have cost me the grand total of 96p from my local Audi garage who after I emailed them last night, actually called me back today and have ordered it ready for collection tomorrow...TIDY! So, after tomorrow evening, I shall once again be able to carry a passenger in the front! Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated!