Bit of Advice plz

malcolm30029085

Reaction score
i have recently sorted various probs on my 1999 apy s3. it now runs ok but not quick quick like it should be. i have found out that when i disconnect the batt the car boosts properly (to about 14 psi and holds about 11) but after awhile of driving the boost drops to about a regular 10 psi and obviusly dosnt feel as quick. but as soon as i disconnect the batt its ok for a while. i have a n75 (J) on it wich is new. there are4 no fault codes, thinking the ecu is restricting its self?????
any ideas???
cheers

'J' valve is prob putting the car into soft limp mode as they are too spiky most of the time. Disconnecting the battery just resets the soft limp and adaption values so may well feel ok until the ECU has found its feet again and goes wrong...

Put a normal N75 valve back on and see if its still doing it... if not, you know what the prob is :)

There is more info about using a 'J' valve in the stickies...

<tuffty/>

'J' valve is prob putting the car into soft limp mode as they are too spiky most of the time. Disconnecting the battery just resets the soft limp and adaption values so may well feel ok until the ECU has found its feet again and goes wrong...

Put a normal N75 valve back on and see if its still doing it... if not, you know what the prob is :)

There is more info about using a 'J' valve in the stickies...

<tuffty/>

will try that but have to get one first as its a f varient thats needed altho thats what i thought it could be in yhe first place cheerrs