Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Definitive Cheap Ebay Coilover Thread (Jamex) With" how to"guide

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Yeah, I think I will this weekend.

We've got a new grille, the black angle eye headlights are in the UK so fingers crossed they will be delivered today and then its in for respray in the next week or so!

Debating what to do badge wise, I'm saying Lou should debadge the rear and just keep the rings, then chrome rings on the front with a black surround?
    Spanner, that's always been the plan anyway! And yes Prawny, you tell him, wind the a*se down for me!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    hey guys.... i have just received this kit too and have done the rears, whats the best approach to remove to top mount, i have slacked off the bottom.....

Neutral

Status
    I'm looking at fitting a set of FK AK's next week and wanted to check what else i should replace at the same time.. [top mounts etc]

The cars done 150k so I want to replace anything perishable..

So far:

Adjustable drop links - best supplier for these?
    Front Top Mounts

What else is recommended?

Cheers

Baz

6th Gear

Status
    wishbone bushes
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

Reverse Gear

Status
    hello, forgive me I'm quite new to the whole forum scene and am just trying to get some information, i currently drive a 99 A3 8l, its a 1.6 and as i've not seen many of them around i cant make up my mind entirely, only plenty of s3's which look amazing.
    I'm looking at getting some BBS CH Reps as i am on a tight budget atm. I'm looking to get 18" and also thinking of the JOM coilovers in mind aswell, ebay for 200 roughly
    Anyway enough of life story, my question is, how low can i get my car with these alloys on, ive seen ebay, they are 18x8 et35 the stud diameter is 5x100 and rim width is 8j, i also have no idea if i am going to need spacers etc etc
    any information would be greatly appreaciated, thanx in advance

6th Gear

Status
    A bit of a dead thread but just to add this im also runnign jamex coilovers on my 8P. And not had any problems and much better than my standard set up
    A mate of mine has them on his Mk5 GTI for nearly 2years and not had one problem.
    cheers
    Vex182 likes this.
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

BBP

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kp-only View Post
    hello, forgive me I'm quite new to the whole forum scene and am just trying to get some information, i currently drive a 99 A3 8l, its a 1.6 and as i've not seen many of them around i cant make up my mind entirely, only plenty of s3's which look amazing.
    I'm looking at getting some BBS CH Reps as i am on a tight budget atm. I'm looking to get 18" and also thinking of the JOM coilovers in mind aswell, ebay for 200 roughly
    Anyway enough of life story, my question is, how low can i get my car with these alloys on, ive seen ebay, they are 18x8 et35 the stud diameter is 5x100 and rim width is 8j, i also have no idea if i am going to need spacers etc etc
    any information would be greatly appreaciated, thanx in advance
    CHs would look mint. I have fitted the JOM coilies to mine and they've been spot on so far. Although I've only been running them for around 6 months so far. I'd recommend them on my experience with them so far.

I run similar spec alloys in the summer. You'll be able to lower the car around 40mm without any problems. If you lower it more than this you'll get issues with the ARB rubbing against the driveshaft. Spacers are entirely up to you, I run 10mm on the rears and they sit flush with the arch.

Hope that helps.

17" BBS RS Reps, JOM Coilovers, TT ARB, Facelift Front & Rear Lights, Aero wipers, LEDs all round, 6000K HIDs, Blacked out Grill & Rings, De-wipered,
    12" 1000w FliTrap Sub, Colour Coded Lowers & Skirts...

Neutral

Status
    I'm sold Great thread guys Appreciate the time you put into it :D

The stigs ugly brother

Status
    Yup some great info here, would FK lowering springs fit strait to my 8l without coilovers?

Thanks

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Grale1 on Facebook
    Can you change the rear spring and dampers by having the car on stands with a trolley jack supporting the rear axle and once what is neede to be undone just lower the trolley jack to let the springs out?
    A3 1.8t AGU, fk ak street coilovers, silicone tip, silicone turbo outlet pipe, forge 007p ( yellow spring ), 80mm jetex cone filter, 3" cold air feed, 3" downpipe and de cat, R-tech stage1 map 187bhp- 227ft

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    yea, rear springs and dampers around a 40 minutes job on the driveway with stands.

Jack the car up, support with axle stands NOT on the beam, take the weight of one of the spring platforms with a jack, and undo the rear top mounts. Lower the jack down, and the springs will just fall out.

Fit new springs, replace shocks, then jack it back up until you can get the top mounts back on.

simples
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Grale1 on Facebook
    Cheers prawn, going to be doing this, this morning, may replace my front wishbones also seeing my poly bushes I ordered haven't turned up and can't get hold of the seller now to get refund, also rod ends to
    A3 1.8t AGU, fk ak street coilovers, silicone tip, silicone turbo outlet pipe, forge 007p ( yellow spring ), 80mm jetex cone filter, 3" cold air feed, 3" downpipe and de cat, R-tech stage1 map 187bhp- 227ft

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    I'll bump this our people who can't use search bars and FAQ's.

Still on, still low, still damping very well. Car has done 24k on them now, I lowered the front and rear further last week and with a little tap with the mallet all lock rings were free and easily adjusted.

I have got a contact for buying these now, he is called Les and owns VeeDub machine.

veedubmachine, Volkswagen Audi Seat Skoda Porsche spares and accessories

01209 314206

If you tell him that Jardo who owned the green BMW who had a couple of sets off him last year sent you he should sort you a deal. Even if hey are a couple of quid more I would rather buy from him, because he is a really nice bloke and his service is great.
    kwistof and Pubemammal like this.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Audi Virgin

Status
    im bumping this up to save me having to find it all over again, got some springs this week and I think i'll have a crack over the weekend!

2nd Gear

Status
    I'll bump this our people who can't use search bars and FAQ's.

Still on, still low, still damping very well. Car has done 24k on them now, I lowered the front and rear further last week and with a little tap with the mallet all lock rings were free and easily adjusted.

I have got a contact for buying these now, he is called Les and owns VeeDub machine.

veedubmachine, Volkswagen Audi Seat Skoda Porsche spares and accessories

01209 314206

If you tell him that Jardo who owned the green BMW who had a couple of sets off him last year sent you he should sort you a deal. Even if hey are a couple of quid more I would rather buy from him, because he is a really nice bloke and his service is great.
    This must not be running the standard ARB at that height? Looks so good.

Progress Thread - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...thread%5D.html

A3 8L 1.8T AGU BLACK

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Yep, stock ARB.

This whole ARB rubbing thing seems so weird, mine is pretty low and on 17's and it has never rubbed.

Then never do them.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yep, stock ARB.

This whole ARB rubbing thing seems so weird, mine is pretty low and on 17's and it has never rubbed.
    Thats good to hear. Think ill stick the coilies on before I waste money on an ARB then. Has she still got the adjusters in on the back?

A3 8L 1.8T AGU BLACK

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Yep, wound as low as the adjusters go.
    Pubemammal likes this.

Then never do them.

2nd Gear

Status
    Can you still get the Jamex coilovers? I have pinged the guy you recommended and he has not responded.

2nd Gear

Status
    Got mine second hand couple weeks ago. Try jamex website.. looks like theyre still available. Seem very good so far

A3 8L 1.8T AGU BLACK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12