From 1.6 to Turbo Quattro in 1 year

iancooney

Reaction score
A saga has come to an end now and i pick up my A3 Turbo Quattro on Monday

I think i've done pretty well here :

Bought my 2000W A3 1.6s last summer for £8500. It had only done 15'500 miles. I sold it 2 weeks ago for £10'000 with 27'000 miles on it, having spent £1200 on (6 CD, RS4's 17", Tailights and an armrest).

After reading things on this website my heart was set on a Turbo or preferably a Turbo Quattro, with a budget of £11'000. So i have located an absoloute pearler : 2001Y TQ in Ming Blue. Bose Stereo and all the rest. No leather, but that isn't a problem. Only 27'000 miles, for £11'000 on the nose.

I am delighted. This sounds like a pretty good deal to me given the fact i got oustanding money for my 1.6, which was a sheep dressed in wolfs clothing.

So any TQ owners out there have an advice on tweaks etc? I need to learn more about the new car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Congratulations mate!!!

I'd definately recommend an ECU remap!! The before & after on my car was scarily different!! Mine is a 2002 Tractor lol Tdi Quattro and minus remap it is really aweful/average with okay midrange and after it has more torque than your average show of jerry springer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif the steering wheel was nearly pulled out of my loose grip as i wasnt expecting it lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Plus if it warrenty thats preventing the car from getting the mod well its nearly untraceable!! As my car had variouse expensive faults with it and Audi fixed them all within the warrenty!

If i were you i'd Definately do it!

Interesting, whats the predicted output after remap?

currently, 177BHP i think coz its the 6 speed

btt

need more info on how i can improve my TQ, even though it is totally amazing, what a car!