Selling up :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

danA3T

Reaction score
I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules (apologies if I am), but it's come time to sell up and thought someone on here may be interested. I'm selling up because I need to go TDI as I'm covering a lot of miles these days. She's been with me since '04 and have loved every minute...

Here's the link: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1438673.htm

audifrontcopy.jpg

Good luck to you mate. Car looks a nice example. Is there any way you could just clean up the engine bay a little though? Might show a little more how much it has been looked after. Just a thought.

True, I was short on time tbh and didn't get time to do it before the pics. A job for this weekend me thinks!

Engine bay looks fine to be and I wouldn't clean it. I get suspicious of very clean bay on this sort of car. Washing away oil leaks etc?? I'd leave the good honest dirt there and it doesn't look bad anyway.

My dad (a mechanic of forty odd years) always told me that a clean engine bay means the car's got something to hide....then again he was a fan of British Leyland cars. Enough said, perhaps.

He is right still today. If I see a steam cleaned engine on an otherwise daily driver I'm thinking oil leaks. General dust is no problem as you can see where the problems are around the bay. Show cars are different of course. Interesting and rare colour.

(5) New posts must not be made in the forum areas solely for the purpose of advertising.

Good Luck with the sale Dan

thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.