Quick help needed!

awesomeaudio

Reaction score
Website
www.awesomecaraudio.co.uk
hi there,

i ordered some coilovers for my s3 on monday and just looked at them again and saw there for the 8p...WOOPS:crying:! dont know how i made that mistake but there you go! now am i right in saying the 8p wont fit at all?

also what does fit as i know some one that has mk4 golf r32 (4motion) ones for sale?

does anyone know if they would fit?

cheers

go to the dealer and order them...they will have the right ones and will be more upto date than any you will get from pattern suppliers....for £2-3 more each...worth it? totally!!

i would have done however that does'nt really help me now!

i need to know the answer to above not where to get them lol!

cheers for ure reply though!

na thats fine....in answer to the above i wouldnt touch anything but new..... they have had so many upgrades on coils, if one of the used ones goes (IF they fit) then you run the risk of killing ya CAT whilst trying to get the car home(depending how far away you are)..... for the sake of £120 for 4 new coils, pointless exercise buying coils second hand IMO

animal I think your getting confused the question is on coilovers not coilpacks,

Cheers Matt

Hes talking about coilover suspension kit not just coils.

sorry awsomeaudio but I'm no help on the coilovers, I'd guess they would fit?

Cheers Matt

Assuming there from a shop just take / send them back.

If you bought them second hand then just sell them on and get some 8L ones.

i dont know for sure but would seriously doubt that 8p coilovers would fit 8l s3

cheers eveyone! i thought that the mk4 would fit but wasnt 100% think you maybe right on the spring rate tho... and yeah kinda thought it was a shot in the dark with the 8p ones as if they fitted then surley they wouldnt make one for the 8l and one for the 8p lol

if the spring rate is different the obv i wouldnt keep them as want the right ones but what would the diference be? would it handle poorley, or have a harder ride?