Very Very Wierd????

Alonzo

Reaction score
As i had previously posted....My remapped (170Bhp+270Lb/Ft) A3 TDI Quattro was taken in for a full respray..BUT, the guy had removed the battery and the very quick diesel was turned into a N/A tractor lol....Then within 2 days the car started crunching into third gear and it was out of its warranty by 3500 miles so i called Audi and out of good will they replaced all of it leaving me to pay for the clutch only!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Excellent company i have to say....But now for the wierd bit!!

When i got the car back (they had it for nearly a fortnight) i started it up and the stearing wheel was nearly pulled out of my arms /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif ....The full remap is back!!! WTF??
I know Audi are good but im bamboozled with this one??

Then i noticed the time was way, way out...It read 10:00 when it was actually 17:00 as obviously they had to remove the battery to do a full gearbox strip...

So my original thought was that the power was returned to satndard because the battery was removed for a long period of time (respray) and it returned to remapped mode when the battery was removed again for the full gearbox strip and new clutch fitting took place....As if the ECU some how stored both codes and battery off/on once puts it to code 1 (standard) and battery off/on puts it to code 2 (remapped)? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Is this possible? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

End of the day i am as happy as a pig in Sh*t!!
(Brand new paint job, Fully maintained Gearbox, brand new clutch, and a fast car again with great economy!!)All for a fortnight/month of torture!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Any suggestions to the strange happening are very welcome!!
Cheers
Alonzo

Very, very long story short i bought the car with it already done..So im unsure of which company that did the mod..

I'd pay alot of dosh to the dude that could answer this question lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif