Can you fit S3 headlights on an A3?

S3KO4

Reaction score
Hi I would like to know if anyone knows whether I can fit a set of original pre facelift headlight onto a pre facelift A3? without any modifications?

Please let me know if this is doable, and if the wiring loom is the same! with regard to the actual fitment does it require any modifications?

the S3 has an HID, and the A3 is standard! so yeah thats all I know.

any help would be kind.

Last edited:
The wiring loom isn't the same, your headlight plug will be a single round plug with 4 or 5 round connectors on it (correct me if I'm wrong) where as the xenon lights have 2 seperate rectangular plugs with one of the ends rounded, 1 with 3 spade connectors on and the other with 4. So you will have to make your own adaptor, the one with 3 on has one ignition live and two earths (the two earths might also be something else to do with the xenon gas unit, but when I used my voltmeter they were just earths), the one with 4 on has an earth, then sidelight, then main beam, then dipped beam. I don't know why anyone couldn't supply an adaptor as it's fairly simple, saying that I reckon it might be a little trickier going from standard to xenons but still possible.
With regards to actually fitting the unit itself, it will go straight in but will be a little fiddly as there is a ballast for the xenons attached to the underneath of the light unit. You might find it easier to take the bumper off.
Hope this helps.

Something I considered...then looked at the wiring difference and though...nah.

T

Thanks lemon s3 I shall share this info with a mate who was trying to undergo this job, non of us are too good with wires etc so unless he can locate the adaptors then it would be a waste of time I guess. Thanks again