ABS Dash Light

Mr.Blonde

Reaction score
Hi,ive just lowered my A3 on coilovers now the ABS light has come up on the dash.Sometimes when pulling away i get a juddering sound from the passenger side front.Could this be the ABS sensor?..i dont have VAG COM to check tho
sad.gif

Im right near Harlow mate,i work there and know it v well.do you know who it is mate?

Nope but that map is available in the vcds board on this forum and it's for users who are offering their help so just drop him a pm.

I'm in ware and would offer to help but I'm working all weekend, unless you can wait?

Yeah i dont mind waiting mate,as long as it doenst do anytihng else like lock my brakes or something like that??.

Right ive fitted a new abs senor but the light is still on and it still makes the juddering sound sometimes,but only when 1st starting and pulling off and reversing??.

Bump!.

ok mate that would cool if you can.cheers

Have you checked that your Anti Roll Bar isn't rubbing on the driveshaft? Not sure if this would cause an ABS light fault, but in my experience nothing is beyond the realms of possibility.

Common fault on the A3 when lowering as it has a VERY different ARB config to the S3. If you're getting rubbing and juddering noises I would definately check. Likely to be the O/S as it has a driveshaft much thicker than the near side due to the length... But could be the cause on the N/S.... Worth a look for the sake of the 2 mins it will take you.

Last edited:
No its not the arb mate as ive taken that off for now,its only when the car is cold really.it feels like the abs is coming on!.just on that side tho.then goes off as you pull of and in reverse??

the noise you're hearing is your ASR kicking in mate, it's a very simple form of traction control that tries to apply the ABS when it feels the wheel slipping.

It sometimes triggers when pulling away from junctions and stuff over steep cambers, but it can also happen if you have a dodgy wheel speed sensor on one corner. usually the front. When mine started playing up, it was triggering all over the place at any speeds up to 30mph.

How have you replaced a sensor already if you didn't have VAGCOM to tell you which one was at fault?

well i just guessed really mate as the nosie was coming from that side and from what poeple were saying i thought it was the sensor and it was a cheap fix.so how did you fix your prob prawn?.

I vagcom'd it to find out which sensor was at fault, then replaced it, and reset the light with vagcom :)

Yeah i need to vag com mine mate but i dont have it.so it could be the other side at fault?,is the traction thing only on one side?

the noise you're hearing is your ASR kicking in mate, it's a very simple form of traction control that tries to apply the ABS when it feels the wheel slipping.

It sometimes triggers when pulling away from junctions and stuff over steep cambers, but it can also happen if you have a dodgy wheel speed sensor on one corner. usually the front. When mine started playing up, it was triggering all over the place at any speeds up to 30mph.

How have you replaced a sensor already if you didn't have VAGCOM to tell you which one was at fault?

I had this at any speed under 5mph when i used a Euro Car Parts wheel sensor instead of an Audi one.

Steve reply to the PM i've sent you and we'll VAGCOM your car this weekend and get it sorted.