Which ARB's should i get or what do you have (POLL)

What ARB's you got on your S3 (8l) ?

• R32

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • H&R 25/21

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Eibach 26/24

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Neuspeed 25/22

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Whiteline 20/18

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Standard setup

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Standard setup with the squeek

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

mattyboy199

Reaction score
As title nice & easy, i m in the market for uprated non squeeky reliable ARB's ! Majority wins !

Last edited:
Are you on standard suspension? If so and it's the original and you don't intend on upgrading it in the near future I'd say stick with standard arbs. If you have updated suspension or new standard suspension I'd say go R32 as it'll be cheaper.

You have to remember that the arbs are normally the finishing touches to a suspension setup so it won't benefit you to have fancy arbs with standard suspension.

Was about to write a big massive thread on how great my KW ones are on my A3...then saw you have an S3!.

my main aim is to lose the dreaded creaks / sqeeks which occur after a few years of running standard ARB's i dont intend to lower my car but would like to uprate and maintain some reliability also it would be nice to lose somebody roll, your thoughts are welcomed. Would installed H&R prove no benefit at all ?

That standard arbs are setup to compliment the standard suspension, you'll notice a change even if you just bought front and back brand new stanard arbs.

Some have said that uprated arbs on standard tired shocks and springs is dangerous but others have said not. I ent for a standard replacement when my rear one packed in because I knew I wouldn't be changing my shocks and springs for a while. I noticed a nice improvement to the handling just by having a brand new arb on as I was used to the boat like handling from my 8 year old components.

ive been told that i need new arbs by audi, not sure if they are fishing for work or whether they do actually need doing

in any case i have been pricing new ones up, bearing in mind i still have std suspension i am looking at std/r32 arbs, i tried my local motor factors for std arbs and they said they could only source them from audi, does anyone know where else i could get them from?

as for the r32's im guessing we are talking about std r32 arbs, if so are these the ones listed on awesome gti?

If your car is on its original ARBs then Audi probably aren't lying and they will need doing. ou might be able to get these ARBs from Euro Car Parts or somewhere similar but personally i'd stick with Audi.

The R32 ARBs are indeed standard Golf Mk4 R32 Arbs and they are the same that Awesome supply but it might be worth checking how much a VW garage sells them for as they might be slightly cheaper.

cheers matey, il pop along saturday then and see what they say

il post prices up as soon as i know for anyone else in the same boat as me!

I am planning on changing mine soon, I will be going down the R32 arb route and will be getting the Defocn bushes done at the same time.

Chris

i wish i had the extra cash to do bushes at the same time save me ripping it all apart again in the near future, but funds wont allow it, boooo!!

I am planning on changing mine soon, I will be going down the R32 arb route and will be getting the Defocn bushes done at the same time.

Chris

What are defcon bushes & where are you going to be using them ?

What are defcon bushes & where are you going to be using them ?

Hi,

This link prob gives the best explanation about the Defcon 2 set up that I will be fitting, http://www.modshack.info/defcon.htm. It seems quite a popular upgrade with R32/MK1 TT owners. Mine will be fitted by APS who look after my car, I think they are the sole UK importer for them, but I may be wrong.

Let me know if you need/want any more info and I will try to help.

Cheers

Chris

Last edited:
So H&R owners when i purchase a front & rear kit do i get uprated bushes included ? really struggling to find the kit any cheaper than £350.00

H&R ARBs
KW V3 Coilovers
Forge rear tie bars
Powerflex front wishbone bushes