Tyre of choice

Essflee

Reaction score
I've just bought some new rims and want to know which are the best tyres to go for and roughly what they cost ? Cheers...

Good Year Eagle F1's - Try Camskills.co.uk. Not sure the price depends on your size of rims but should be decdently priced.

If you do a lot of driving in poor conditions (i.e; live in Scotland) then Uniroyal RainSport 2s are very hard to fault. Heard they're great in the dry too.
Roughly £120 each for 18s I think.

Just been down the garage and have ordered pirelli rossos as they are not to bad on price and apparently wear pretty well...

Cheers for ya help lads.:)

Pzero rossos, good grip in wet and dry and wear well and don't cost a fortune. Sure I seen 1 of the major national tyre fitters doing a good offer on them. Like kwikfit or some1

Avon zz3 on my car. were cheap and work really well

what you paid if you dont mind me asking, cheapest ive found are @ £100 each from camskill.co.uk...... my local garage wont even price match wanting me to pay £130 each fitted..... im due to get another two in the next few weeks (Rossos)

i have found pirellis are rubbish unless really warmed up so they dont last 5 mins

what for 225/40/18's??? im guessing your on about 17's cos ive been keeping an eye on ebay for mine

Toyo Proxes T1R, I've had them on one car I've owned and a fair few I've driven and they are awesome tires.

Nick can you paste me the link from ebay cos when i search for Rosso's of that size on ebay none are below £100.....let alone £170 for 2!!

Running Pirellis Rosso's on mine.

No complaints so far and been running them for 6 months. Think I paid £104 each from blackcircles.com

michellin pilot sport ps2's on mine. very good in wet and excellent in dry. pricey though. approx £120-130 each

Good Year Eagle F1 GSD3s on mine, cant fault them, they are actually getting better and better.

what you paid if you dont mind me asking, cheapest ive found are @ £100 each from camskill.co.uk...... my local garage wont even price match wanting me to pay £130 each fitted..... im due to get another two in the next few weeks (Rossos)

I paid £109 per tyre Inc vat...

That was fitted, balanced and new valves...so not to bad really.

Some of the other top brands were between £115-125 + vat.

For the record I had reps on before, I picked one up when off the car with the tyre still on and they are stupidly heavy...

thats good that mate.....im take it, it was a local garage as opposed to a main retailer like kwik fit