Sky InsuranceChris Nott

Thread: Stereo problem

Reverse Gear

Status

Unhappy Stereo problem

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone can shine any light on the problem I have with my stereo, I have searched the forum and found nothing on the problem I am having. I drive a 52 plate S3, it has the front loading cd multi changer with the cassette player, now this problem only started this morning on my drive into work, it is on and playing music fine for 30 seconds, then it turns itself off, then back on again, and does this every 30 seconds. At first I thought it might be the cd or something so I turned over to radio 1 and it was still doing it.
    Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks,

Ben

2. # ADS
    ADS

Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

Status
    Hmmmm, not heard of that before.....

Anyway, what I would do is extract the stereo and remove power to it for an hour of so (make sure you have the code). Change the fuse in the back for good measure whilst it's ok.

Plug back in and re-test.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world

[censored]

Status
    I have unearthed this thread guys asd I now have the exact same fault....radio, or cd playing, the unit switches off, then on striaght away again?? I know its powering down and up again as each time it powers itself up, which is instantly after powering down, the BOSE motif comes up which it does of course when switching on.

Stumped??

4th Gear

Status
    This is bizarre. I haven't posted on these forums for months because the A3 has been absolutely flawless, but this evening it started doing exactly this.

Mine's a non-Bose Symphony II and it's doing this regardless of whether I'm moving or stationery, whether the engine is running or not, whether it's CD, radio or tape. It's like clockwork, every 25-30 seconds.
    03 A3 (8L) TDi quattro Sport, Aluminium Silver with leather, armrest, cruise, xenons and me at the wheel

[censored]

Status
    Soo strange?? was fine all morning, i drove 200 miles with radio on?? then this wierd activity...UFO's? seriously tho its freaky.

Logic suggests its s power supply issue, loose connection, but its not shock related, it just goes on and off like clockwork, like yours mate, every 20-30 secs, play a CD, you can even see the play timer hit the samish time and then off, on...play...off,on

Freaky!

6th Gear

Status
    guess what guys i actually had a very similar problem it just turned off every 27seconds. I eventually got fraustrated & punch the side of the centre console (drivers footwell) & it sorted it. Was pretty chuffed myself, i recon a lose connection.
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

5th Gear

Status
    its the y2k man, its gonna get us all

RUN AWAY

Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny87 View Post
    its the y2k man, its gonna get us all

RUN AWAY
    LOL.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world

[censored]

Status
    Hmmmmm, its gone away again today????? WTF????

DVLA Say it's Black

Status
    LMFAO i had exactly the same fault lasted for approx 48hrs. until fixed it with a hay-maker to the right of Centre console in frustration. if in doubt give it a clout
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboy199 View Post
    guess what guys i actually had a very similar problem it just turned off every 27seconds. I eventually got fraustrated & punch the side of the centre console (drivers footwell) & it sorted it. Was pretty chuffed myself, i recon a lose connection.

4th Gear

Status
    I tried floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee, but it was like Mike Tyson and wouldn't give up.

In the end I got out of the car and had my dinner. It fixed itself overnight, no need for the bruised knuckles after all.
    03 A3 (8L) TDi quattro Sport, Aluminium Silver with leather, armrest, cruise, xenons and me at the wheel

4th Gear

Status
    I tried floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee, but it was like Mike Tyson and wouldn't give up.

In the end I got out of the car and had my dinner. It fixed itself overnight, no need for the bruised knuckles after all.

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    overheating perhaps? might just be getting too hot and powering itself down. Im sure they have small fans in the back like on a PC. Worth blowing out the dust or better yet get a hoover n suck it out. a common problem on laptops might be the same. its worth a shot anyway

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

[censored]

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA3 View Post
    overheating perhaps? might just be getting too hot and powering itself down. Im sure they have small fans in the back like on a PC. Worth blowing out the dust or better yet get a hoover n suck it out. a common problem on laptops might be the same. its worth a shot anyway
    good shout Dave, would kinda make sense