Heaters stopped working any ideas?

djdougalno1

Reaction score
ok this morning i noticed the heater making a funny noise like u could hear the fan inside as u turned it up it went away so i turned it off for a while then when i turned it on again nothing all the controls are working on the display but no air been blown through the vents any ideas what it could be. its pre facelift controls digital aswell

It could be the wiring on the fan, you go over a bump n it'll come back on.
What you want to do is remove the glove box which is held on by torx screws, theres 3 holding the top on as you open the glove box lid, remove the plastic cover on the side (like the fuse box cover) and there will be another 3 or 4 there, then there's 1 on the right side of the little shelf under the glove box.
It will now come off and you will see the fan right in front of you, there is a big connector with 2 wires attached to it which is about 2 to 3 inches wide. Wriggle that about and your fan should come on, if not...then I don't know lol or the motor is on it's way out. If it does come on then you can either replace the plug or if you want a quick fix then wriggle it into a position where your fan works and tape it in place.
Hope this helps!