EM TuningMonster Motorsport
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2nd Gear

Status

Talking Few pics after coilovers and rear wiper blank!

Just thought i would post a few pics of my car today after fitting coilovers and the rear wiper glass blank!..:D
    Needs to go lower tho i reckon and space the wheels out a bit.

A3 1.8 TURBO| RS6 18INCH ALLOYS | FORGE 007 | SMOOTHED O/E BOX WITH COLD AIR FEED | COILOVERS | MOTECH RE-MAP | FULL CREAM LEATHER | FORGE DV RELOCATION | FORGE TIP HOSE|SILICONE BOOST HOSES|REMOVED REAR WIPER|G60 FLYWHEEL & VR6 CLUCTH|MILTEK CAT BACK DISCREET SYSTEM|312MM BRAKE UPGRADE|UPRATED DOG BONE MOUNT.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Looking good matey. Maybe another inch lower.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Neutral

Status
    looks good their mate. what size are those rims?

Ross_S4

Status
    if you are going lower then do you have room to fit spacers as well?

Alex

Status
    Looks good mate
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

PS3: Broady_11

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers pips!.yeah i want the arch to sit just on the tyre if you know what i mean and my rims are 18inch mate.Yeah wheel spacers i mean mate to take the wheel out more to the edge of the arche.

A3 1.8 TURBO| RS6 18INCH ALLOYS | FORGE 007 | SMOOTHED O/E BOX WITH COLD AIR FEED | COILOVERS | MOTECH RE-MAP | FULL CREAM LEATHER | FORGE DV RELOCATION | FORGE TIP HOSE|SILICONE BOOST HOSES|REMOVED REAR WIPER|G60 FLYWHEEL & VR6 CLUCTH|MILTEK CAT BACK DISCREET SYSTEM|312MM BRAKE UPGRADE|UPRATED DOG BONE MOUNT.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Looking very tidy!

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Where did you get the blank?
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available
    FOR SALE
    Sparco Torino 2 sport seats, None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    very nice mate, although it looks a tad higher at the front than the back currently!

I'd drop the front another 10-15mm and then it'd look awesome!

Spacers wise, on those wheels you might find it rubs if you go any more than 10mm rear and 5mm front.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

2nd Gear

Status
    Venom Motorsport dude.

http://www.venommotorsport.com/manuf...uct=WiperBlank

Yeah prawn i only want to bring the front down so the tyres just meets the arch,yeah im only to space the front 3mm and rear 8mm around that.Then get a nice set of number plates and it should be sorted look wise,untill the summer when i want to get some new rims :D
    Last edited by steviet; 16th January 2010 at 18:28.

Status
    have you got an uprated ARB on the front already mate? if not you might find it starts knocking if you go much lower
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah ive read up about the arb mate,ill just keep an eye on it when lowering it more.its got about inch and half clear at the mo.

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Looks good dude

Smell my finger.

Status
    Good job, but the front needs dumping
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers everyone,its getting there!.yeah A3tom im just waiting for my spacers to come then ill drop the front mate :D

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah man. Looks good, Mine'll look more like that when i actually have some money.

Just wondering tho about the pro of getting rid of the rear wiper? Isn't it kind of detremental to motorway driving or alike in the wet?

Audi A3 1.8T | Ming Blue | Tan Leather | Aero Wipers | Neeeeed $$$$$$$

2nd Gear

Status
    Ive never used the rear wiper mate so dont make any difference.Just makes it look so much better tho i reckon!.:D

1st Gear

Status
    Oh for sure. it looks miles better, i use mine everytime i use the freaking car. Perhaps i'm just a little over zealous with the use of the wiper.

Audi A3 1.8T | Ming Blue | Tan Leather | Aero Wipers | Neeeeed $$$$$$$

2nd Gear

Status
    Just use loads of glass polish and it will just bounch off lol,oh ive just seen you have a Ming blue A3 to.post some pics up dude!.

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steviet View Post

23.50? Jesus. I blanked mine off using a 2 grommit from Halfords!! Bargain by comparison.

Looks sweet none the less dude, liking it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Jesus. I blanked mine off using a 2 grommit from Halfords!!
    2? Jesus. I blanked mine off using a 29p grommit from Halfords!! Bargain by comparison.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah was a bit exspensive but i just think it looks professional mate and good

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    Thought that third pic had a central-exitting oval exhaust for a sec there, just scrolling down... actually kind of like that idea.

Front looks a little higher than the rear, but looks nice anyway. Wouldn't have blacked the rear rings though (just my opinion).
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah was a bit exspensive but i just think it looks professional mate and good
    Agree Looks good bud! I have the same blank, tint the rear window and it'll look even chunkier

You getting facelift front headlights with the inners sprayed black?
    3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software

2nd Gear

Status
    yeah i will at some point sandip.just got a few other bits to do 1st mate.I got my LED number plate bulbs and front sidelight ones .Just need a nice set of number plates i think!.

6th Gear

Status
    Keep us all posted ste, which side lights did you get?

2nd Gear

Status
    The quad LED ones mate.Looks really nice now.just need to uprate the dip and main bean bulbs to suit.Spacers should come in next day or so,so i will drop it then

Do you think the LCR front splitter will suit it tho?.was thinking of getting one.

6th Gear

Status
    I personally ain't too keen on the lcr splitter, if you drop the front a little once you get the spacers i don't think you'll need it. You could always try one on, for 20 you might aswell see what it looks like

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    2? Jesus. I blanked mine off using a 29p grommit from Halfords!! Bargain by comparison.
    They only had packs of 3, all the singles were gone lol
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Jimmeh on Facebook
    Heeeeey, theres my old car!

Looks like you're keeping it tidy, Steve! Like the black audi rings at the back, nice touch I think.. Any shots of the interior these days?

Hope you're well.
    Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDi 130 Quattro Sport.
    WhiteDetails.co.uk - Facebook? Follow me!

Neutral

Status
    is this car ming blue or azure blue

2nd Gear

Status
    Its Ming blue mate and Jimmeh yeah still looking after her mate lol.Just wish the weather was better so i can give it a good proper clean etc.The seats etc are still the same mate,i treat them with meg leather cleaner mate.My mates reckon im a bit OCD with it lol!..

Nex question is what to do next after i have sorted the stance out.Either FMIC,Stainless exhaust,S3 Brake upgrade or G60 flywheel & VR6 Clutch??..

Status

Nex question is what to do next either FMIC,Stainless exhaust,S3 Brake upgrade or G60 flywheel & VR6 Clutch??..
    Quite definately all of the above, in order I'd say an exhaust to get some more noise, followed by the S3 brakes, then the clutch and flywheel, and finally the FMIC before ako3s and another remap!

2nd Gear

Status
    Yep defo gonna get all of them just what to get 1st lol.yeah some noise would be good.i was thinking of boxless centre section with oe backbox of scorpian discreet backbox?...prob save the intercooler for when it needs it in the summer i think for the heatsoak

Status
    I'd stay away from discrete tail pipes, especially considering how low it is.

found when I had a milltek discrete back box, lowered just 50mm it made the car really boomy, and it got noticably worse when I loaded weight into the back of the car as the tailpipes got closer to the ground.....

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah didnt think of that.so what exhaust you runing?,im thinking of scorpian rather than miltek.

Dion

Status
    same colour as mine ! looks black at times, and blue the rest! lol

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah know what you mean mate.even sometimes a bit purple i reckon!.

Well i got my spacers today so i fitted them and lowered the front a bit more.Sorry for the pics and my car being dirty.Will get proper pics up soon in the daylight and clean lol

2nd Gear

Status
    Right some better pics today after a wash!..oh the white stuff on the tryes is tyre foam lol :D

Neutral

Status
    ah mate you've done exactly what i wanna do to mine except i want the chrome mirrors. looks smart. i wanna get a set of those alloys also. done a good job on those brake calipers. did mine the other day and looks good. nice one their mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast