AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

Clutch & brake Q / Advice

ok, couple quick questions,

1, my brakes seem to be no where near as good as they used to be.
    occasionly when i start the car & drive off, i have to really push the brake pedal down to bottom to get brakes to work.
    figured out if i stop, turn car off,and try again, a couple of times its been noticable better.
    but still, quite soft for the first little bit of pedal movement.

when my car was serviced i asked them to check pads etc. and they were ok.

could this be down too brake fluid needing chaning? or somethng else?

secondl,
    my clutch.
    after having a courtesy a3 for a couple days,
    it made me realise how heavy my clutch is, and its also biting quite low,
    could this be adjused? means i may need a new clutch soon? or other?

thnaks for any help,

ps its a 99 s3.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    looks like your brake fluid needs a flush out and this dose your clutch too upgrade the lot to DOT5.1
    The light that burns twice as bright , burns half as long.

4th Gear

Status
    I am in very similar situation with my clutch, since having a polo as a courtesy car for two months, I have realised how hard my clutch is, and soft my empty my brakes are, on top of this it feels like I have no power steering compared to the polo, I have changed the steering rack a few months a go with new fluid. could any thing else help, p.s sorry to hijack this thread a bit..
    how sure are you the changing the brake fluid will help to soften the clutch as well!!?
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

1st Gear

Status
    Well its probably not been done for years and rather than messing about with exspensive new clutches its surely worth having the old stuff power flushed out and replaced with fresh uprated fluid
    The light that burns twice as bright , burns half as long.

4th Gear

Status
    Thanks, I shall do this sometimes this week, a long with brembo discs and feredo pads. should help things I hope. but you are right probably never been serviced. Is it hard to replace the fluid? and I am assuming it has to be flushed with the engine running! and all out from one hole? Thanks
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1