Warning lights help please

madmark

Reaction score
happy new year to you all i got a x reg a3 tdi sport and have just started to get the abs warning light coming on but not all the time just as it feels like it but at the same time i also get another light come on and cant think what it is i looked in the manual and cant find it nowere its a circle with a triangle in it only seems to come on when abs light is on any help would be most greatful thankyou mark

The other light that comes on is probably the traction control light. If both of these lights come on it normally means that one of your wheel speed sensors is playing up. You'll need to get the car scanned with vagcom to find out what wheel sensor is at fault. New sensor is about £60 (get a genuine audi one) and takes about an hour to fit.

I've had it happen to me twice. Both lights come on and only go out by turning the car off then on again, both lights then come back on after a little journey. The other thing it could be is either the longitude or latitude sensors but in either case you will need to get your car scanned.

Let us know how you get on.