Badger5JMB Retrofits
    4th Gear

Status

Exclamation Is my clutch slipping? S3

Hello all, I would like to know what you guys think especially those of you who have experience with S3 & the Quattro A3, firstly the car drive ok in all gears when not pushed to much, however when launching from 1st to second the rpm moves and the push is not there all the sudden a kick comes in around 3.5K rpm! So now I am thinking the clutch maybe on its way out, it does not feel like it is slipping in the higher rpms, just to clarify, the pedal is very heavy, unlike anything else I have used.

I have a good second hand dual mass flywheel and clutch kit from the A3 Quattro, but not sure if this will fit, what do you guys suggest; I don’t want to spend too much on parts. Could I use my existing flywheel or the mentioned A3 flywheel and just get a new clutch! Any help would be appreciated; I am not after light weight parts as don't need sound and unreliable items to splash my money on. I like my pedal to feel really soft. Looking forward to what you guys might have to say.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Best test of clutch is in higher gears (5th/6th). Accellerate in those gears and see what happens when the turbo kicks in. If the revs rise more than the road speed, its slipping.

1st/2nd gear fast changing could be anything. Even wheel spin!
    AUTOMAP
    Mobile ECU Remapping Services

automap.remapping@gmail.com
    www.eliteremaps.com

4th Gear

Status
    Thanks for your reply, the higher gears and higher rpms are fine, the car feels vicious, so much torque you barely get time to change the gear from first to second.

Having read some other on going threads, it seem like I need to replace my brake fluid that should help to soften the clutch, as I have a spongy feel brakes as well.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

thats me

Status
    The boost doesn`t kick in until 3k so thats when you get the push are you used to non turbo cars????
    red to red black to black blue to bits

4th Gear

Status
    I have had my s3 for over 3 years, and you could be right, as I had a courtesy Polo for two months and that could have changed my driving style and feel for the turboed engine.......

1st Gear

Status
    The clutch on the S3 is not the lightest clutch in the world. Check the pivot bush by the pedal and the spacers for the heavy clutch pedal. The idiot that had mine previously had the pedal snap and had thrown away the bush and spacers when he replaced it. Simply putting the bolt through the pedal. The difference with 12 quid in new parts was good