Forge splitter dv

goodwoodgreens3

Reaction score
Hi guys, just after a bit of help with a forge splitr dv, i've just swapped the 007p for the splitr expecting to here some "tshhhhhhh!!" but can't seem to get it to dump! I've tried plumbing it in reverse but still to no avail??? standard car,standard panel filter...

You were robbed mate... get it off and put the 007p back on... split R is rubbish and actually isn't that good for the performance/running of the engine...

You won't get any real noise out of it as there isn't enough boost to dump... get a remap and a panel filter if you want to hear a noise...

Welcome to the forum btw :)

<tuffty/>

ello mate, i fitted one about a month ago and get a fairly loud dump noise, adjust the top all the way to the left and turn it clockwise by eighteen clicks, make sure its fitted the correct way...... a cone filter adds to the dump sound also.

For the record, VAG 1.8t engines use a diverter valve rather than a blow off valve for a reason... the charge air has already been metered by the MAF and the ECU has made its calculation for fuel based on the airflow etc... when you let off the throttle, the charge air pressure is released through the diverter valve back into the intake system after the MAF as the ECU is already expecting to see this airflow...

Using a split R bleeds some of this measured air out of the charge air to make the 'noise' which results in the mixture running richer than it should... this can lead to the engine running erratically

You would get more 'whoosssssh' from a 007p/panel filter combo but even then as I said before, there isn't enough boost pressure on a std engine to make much if any noise either way...

<tuffty/>

mmmmm i love the Tssssssssst noise..... im sure i saw a company on google offering a free pair of NIKE TN's and tracksuit /sock combo's free with every split R valve