MTM Tuning

jdas03

Reaction score
Been done to death i know, Some time in the future i want to get some more power under the bonnet.
i have searched about everything but cannot find anything on MTM and QST.
I see the price is slightly higher than revo, so whats the difference? are they better? i see the torque is massive and their figures seem more precise 254 bhp and 352nm!! How do they achieve this, im guessing more than just software here...

Cheers

this site update has removed the old data which is **** and no info on whether its coming back so don't bother searching:mad:

I would say if you want to get quality work done rather than a generic map, "which I have and very happy with (REVO)" then go the MRC route, a mate has done it on his A3 KO4 conversion, and it has the edge on most other cars we have seen, and has reached speed of 164MPH (private road) with other mods. with FMIC, 3" downpipe, decat, Miltek, RS4 injectors, S3 fuel pump, etcc. but yeah it is a very rapid car. but you get the idea.

I have the MTM map on mine by QST and cant really say if its better or not as not tried any others, but I can say it does pull better than my old Celica GT4 (stock)

Yer thanks, i just wondered is it only software they put on the car? it has amazingly high torque figures compared to revo for stage 1! i mean 352nm?! isnt revo 280nm? how does the remap feel, is it quite punchy? massive different from standard?

I've got an MTM chip on mine coupled to a Milltek exhaust. RR figures for mine were 261bhp and 311lb/ft. Not sure what that converts to in nM but I'm pleased with it - although it has gone through a standard clutch so now running an uprated Sachs Organic.

the 280 figure for revo is lbft, not Nm. 3000lbft is around 400Nm, so 350Nm really isn't an exceptionally high figure at all.

hahaha. You buggers.

Please excuse my typo, I ment 300lbft, and it was a rough guess as when my car made 290lbft it worked out to be around 393Nm