Scraped car in stupid bendy multi story car park (pics)

02audis3

Reaction score
Turned to early and hit the big giant kerb thankfully was going slow it only has scrapped front to back underneath the door on s3 bodykit very deep :( will get own pics up tomorow,

Cant believe it didnt crack the noise was unreal, 2 screws have burst through kit,

Tomorow going to take bottom trim off am i right its just a few screws? how much would it be to get sanded and sprayed roughly?

Last edited:
just to verify plastic under black trim
178_719620.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it you mean the plastic lower door trim at the bottom edges of the doors right?

4 small crosshead screw, one at the front and one at the rear. Now look under the doorcard, you will see 2 round rubber bungs, need to prise these off and there are 2 more screws under those(WARNING: if you drop of of the screws whilst undoing them in the hole positions, it's a doorcard off job to retrieve them), then the whole plastic trim slides backwards by about an inch and pulls off. Don't be alarmed if you see a bit of rust, it's a design fault. A new trim is around £70 quid from Audi, and new screws are 26p each.

Before refitting, try and clean up as much of the rust as possible, then either touch it up with hammerite or spray something like WD40 on it to protect it from moisture.

Thanks jojo :), Its the trim when you open the door it says s3 on the sills? thanks

Last edited:
21 ****** screws later :mad:, Worse than i thought has dented the sills as you can see. Only good thing is that the bodykit covers it, need to get it pulled out.

sil3.jpg

sil2.jpg

sil1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok this isnt going to help you but can you help me lol.

How did you get the side skirt off? Need to get mine off to acces two screws to remove the wing.

Hi Dani, alot of screws lol. jack car up undo all screws under kit and ones at the end at wheel arches open door fully and look in at the bottom theres a screw pain to get out you need to take s3 sills of be carefull not to snap, thers more screws, if you look in picture 3 on my blue box the long black trim that slides of to the left take it of theres more screws, ones you have everything undone start at the back take of small trim nudge it out the one in pic 3. when thats off just carefully pull kit out, Just take your time dani when you get the hang of it you can take it off and put it back on in no time,

goodluck bud

Ok cool, well ive took all the under body screws off. The problem i have is that i can only open my door half way lol.

So how do the S3 sills come of, do they pop off or are they fixed by screws?