EM TuningSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

My S3 is back on the road!

Well just finished the repairs on the S3 after finding a huge pot hole a couple of weeks ago.
    still fighting with the council to no avail. Think its a lost cause, they're not interested as they claim they were not aware of the pot hole in the first place.
    Didn't want to lose my no claims bonus so did the work myself.
    New wheel and tyre, Shock, spring, track rod and undertray.
    Have managed to plastic weld and repair the bumper for the time being as I really cant afford a new one so soon after christmas. Still awaiting a final invoice from work but have been assured i have got a hefty discount on top of the trade discount we get already. I'm expecting a fairly large bill to be honest, but could have been a lot worse and just glad to have it back on the road to be honest. Lets hope pay day is a good one!
    2003 S4 Moro Blue Saloon

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    At least you have your back mate, mine has been at the repairer for nearly two months, I dont know how long longer I have to wait for other people stupidness, as some van rolled down onto mine.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Good luck mate, sad reality is that the current weather has created loads of new potholes and I suspect the councils have already run out of cash to deal with them paying for all the salt no doubt...

Gonna be a few more disappointed people I fear...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    I'd keep at it mate, I had to take Gloucestershire County Council to court before I got my money for a smashed bumper years ago! Ha ha ha, got the money back in the end. Although for the money I lost by not going to work, that was half way to paying for the bumper. Still, it was the principle....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Welcome back, bet you are so relieved to have it back on the road