AH FabricationsBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

S3 Cracked Head Advice/Help/Parts Needed

Hi Everyone,

My S3 has decided I have too much money (which I really don't).

I recently took my 2001 AMK S3 into the garage with a suspected headgasket problem, well it turns out my head is cracked in two places meaning I need to replace the head.

Where I need help is:

Where can I get a new AMK Head? And how much should I expect to pay?
    What other engine code heads would work on my car?
    Does the AMK engine have an EGR valve?
    Does anyone have a spare head lying around that want to sell?

Any help would be really appreciated as this car is costing me soo much money, since November I have spent Ł1000 on other maintenance things and am going to have to pay the garage Ł1000 for the work they have done + the cost of the head. So my "pride and joy" is looking at costing me over Ł2500 in 3 months of ownership.

Thanks in advance
    Audi S3 2001. Black on Black. OE Sat Nav/Freeview. Bose. 18" Audi/BBS Splits. 10+16mm Spacers. KW Coilovers. Forge DV,tip and intercooler pipes. KnN Panel Filter. Oh and the essential Re-map. GONE

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Eurocarparts is prob a good start, they do a completehead assembly, if not just keep trying searches on the web

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    AFAIK pretty much any small port 1.8t head will be suitable if you are on a budget.

A3, TT, Leon, Ibiza, Golf, Passat etc.... the K03 turbo'd cars mostly have EGR holes in the head that will need a blanking plate (Forge do them) as the AMK head doesn't use EGR.

A friend of mine recently had the cam belt go on his AMK 2001 S3 and he now has an APY head from an Ibiza on it (I think)... doesn't even matter if the head you get in non VVT as you would need to transfer your cams etc over anyway and the VVT system is pretty much bolt on.

You should be able to pick up a head for less than Ł200 on ebay or a breakers... check out the following for more info on engine codes and port sizes...

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...-8T-Info-Sheet

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...