Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Please help much loved s3

i have standered s3 1999 210bhp.i resently got my s3 love her,brilent car.resently a`v started putting my foot down a bit more,once the engine gets to 4000/5000 revs power dies.once reves drop power comes back.the other day when i was booting it epc light came on (electronic power control)car came to a stop no drive from engine but still running.any idears! thanks 8989james p.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    EPC light is for the throttle pedal ect for DBW (drive by wire) cars... First thing to do in this instance is to get the car checked for fault codes using VAGCOM or another diagnostic tool to establish whats going on.

Unfortunate fact of life these days as cars become more reliant on electronics... could potentially be the throttle pedal playing up or possibly the throttle body. A simple throttle body reset may help.

If you don't have access to VAGCOM at this time then you can force a TB reset by disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes...

If you do that though, make sure you have any radio security codes handy and you will need to cycle the electric windows down then back up to reinitialise the one touch.

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Proper Englsh for starters mate
    If the light has came on get it logged with Vagcom for any fault codes and take it from there.
    Thant my advice

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebo007
    Proper Englsh for starters mate
    If the light has came on get it logged with Vagcom for any fault codes and take it from there.
    Thant my advice
    I assume your own mistakes were deliberate?
    AUTOMAP
    Mobile ECU Remapping Services

automap.remapping@gmail.com
    www.eliteremaps.com

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Looks like it was done from an iPhone (tm) (other gaye phones are available)

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ianysm View Post
    I assume your own mistakes were deliberate?
    Of course Just testing you's. lol Must be my fat fingers on keyboard

Neutral

Status
    sorry for the english mate.when the light came on i switch engine off for couple of mins,started again and light was out.its running fine until you hit 5000 revs and its sluggish.

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Deffo get it on a diagnostic machine of some type mate. It could be a lot of things causing it.

We could sit here all day and suggest you change every single engine part from the MAF to the giggle pin in the laughing shaft and potentially spend a lot of money chasing a problem, when you could find out directly what it is and get it sorted....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Neutral

Status
    cheers for the help.will get diagnostic machine on.will keep you,z posted.CHEERS!

Neutral

Status
    i am new to this game.and was looking on the forum noticed n75 vavle and n75j valve.wtat are these items?

Status

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 8989james p View Post
    sorry for the english mate.when the light came on i switch engine off for couple of mins,started again and light was out.its running fine until you hit 5000 revs and its sluggish.
    Regardless if the light went off or not it should still leave a 'trace' of the fault code so should be picked up by vag-com.

Neutral

Status
    the person before me put forge dump valve on.i am running standered could this cause any problems.is there any where near glasgow thats got vag-com/diagnostic machine other than audi.

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Can you get a picture of it up so we know what type it is - or, does it look like this:

If so, this will not be causing you any issues, it is a longer lasting version of the standard diaphragm diverter valve fitted to the engine by Audi.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Howdy

Status
    the giggle pin in the laughing shaft
    I think my car has this problem. Anyone done a guide or tutorial for it?
    2001 Audi RS4 2.7 Bi-Turbo - Nogaro Blue

1975 MG Midget 1500 - Tahiti Blue

2003 Audi S3 - Dolphin Grey; SOLD!

Neutral

Status
    check forge valve welly it looks the same one as the pic you posted.but has two small holes each side of vavle.

Neutral

Status
    got diagnostic check other day.intermittent fault with air flow meter.so need to get air flow meter and hopefuly that will sorted it.how much are air flow meters goin for these days?