Engine Management Light

LiveWire

S3X
Reaction score
Hi all, just after a bit of advice, I was on my way to work this morning after picking a friend up as he cant get his BMW out of his road due to the ice/snow, lol

Driving out of the maze of roads he lives in and I aproached the turning I needed to take a little to fast, hit the breaks slightly causing the ABS to kick in and the car to slide on the snow/ice (very minor) continued on my way then noticed that my engine management light was on, deffo not on before this.

Car is running spot on no problems with anything, my uncle has full VAG-COM which when I have time I will pop out to get a scan for faults.

Any ideals what it could be? I know its a bit of a "stab in the dark" question but it kind of ruined my day, and its now bugging me what it could be.

Needs putting on VAG com fella otherwise its just a guessing game. Could any one of a number of things, for example just before xmas my EML came on, scanned it and it showed a fault with either the thermostat or coolant temp sensor, changed the stat and all is good.

Sorry to hijack your thread

My engine management light as come on, not sure what to do..... My local Audi garage are asking £50 for a diagnostic check

What are the main/usual culprits?
Can I drive?