Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications

Thread: k03s help

Lifes one big laugh

Status

k03s help

ok yesterday i brought a K03s ( silenced) and basically i had 2 questions hopefully someone can help me with as i have searched on google andhere and cant find a straight cut answer!

1. is it normal to have very mild cracks down the hole with 3 screw holes? it doesn show from the outside but i had a look down it with a torch and you can see a few cracks

2 going to have a go at swapping this for my old ko3 ( non silenced) turbo and want it to be a straight swap but am understanding i need a few bits! i have all the gaskets but do i need any differnt screws etc? also because its a silenced one i am on the understanding i need a new hose in? does anyone have a link to one that will fit? apart from that will all the hoses i already have fit?

nathan

-AUDI A3 1.8T-
    coldside dumpvalve relocation kit/powerflow exhaust/k+n shielded air intake/ JOM coilovers/forge splitr/forge carbon fibre engine cover/soild flywheel conversion/REVO

2. # ADS
    ADS

Lifes one big laugh

Status
    anyone?

-AUDI A3 1.8T-
    coldside dumpvalve relocation kit/powerflow exhaust/k+n shielded air intake/ JOM coilovers/forge splitr/forge carbon fibre engine cover/soild flywheel conversion/REVO

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    I am not sure on the specifics of the swap, but small cracks are pretty much the norm tbh, as long as they are not through to the outside or around the WG flapper its good to go

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Sorry bud, didn't see this post.

Cracks should be OK as long as they aren't colossal. How old is the turbo? Check for shaft play as normal.

Installation not the hard to do to be honest. There is a good guide on the web here: http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/265756.aspx. See I even went and found it.... awwww.

Anyway, this will tell you what you need bore you start. And also how to. You WILL need 3 turbo - exhaust manifold studs, even though the guide says they're emergency only.

K03 TIP doesn't fit well onto a K03S, best swapping out for a forge one... or an eBay one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-TT-TURBO-...item1e589ca571 which is decidedly cheaper than Forge's but exactly the same. Thats what I did anyway....

The pipe with the silencer coming out of the K03s is slightly smaller than the K03. I clamped the original hose from the K03 onto the K03S with a cut bit of another hose around the inside to bulk it out for a better fit if that makes sense?

Other than that, everything is the same.... Execpt the spool up sound, which will make you jizz I expect.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Lifes one big laugh

Status
    cheers mate ill give it a shot and let you know how it goes!!

-AUDI A3 1.8T-

Neutral

Status
    just changed my k03s, after i broke my other k03s, i found it easyer to take manifold off instead of dropping downpipe, took me about 4 hours in totaly from start to finish, so much easy with the manifold out of the way as pipes and everything is so much easyer to get to, also a good idea to change oil
    13.8 santapod gti fest 2010 class g 1st place winner. A3 1.8 20vt 180 quattro, Revo stage 2.5 map,[/B] Forge tip, forge cold side, Forge splitter valve, Carbonio cold intake with aem filter,decat pipe, 2.5inch exhaust, k03s turbo with forge actuator, revs fmc with forge houses, j n75 valve, 4 bar fuel reg, hid's, 17" tt alloys t1r

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro rob View Post
    just changed my k03s, after i broke my other k03s, i found it easyer to take manifold off instead of dropping downpipe, took me about 4 hours in totaly from start to finish, so much easy with the manifold out of the way as pipes and everything is so much easyer to get to, also a good idea to change oil
    Thats the way I did mine to be fair....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson